none
how to remove search box

Question

• When I collaboration site, there is always that default  Searchbox.How Can I remove it.I Want to use Searchbox webpart.
    Sunday, April 26, 2009 12:19 PM

All replies

• You can edit the masterpage to hide the search box on the site or you can probably suppress it on a specific page with some code in a content editor web part.
    SharePoint Developer | Administrator | Evangelist -- Twitter -- Blog - http://nextconnect.blogspot.com
    Monday, April 27, 2009 12:44 AM
  • Hi!

You can add a custom css file (if you don't already have a custom css file) and add display:none; to the corresponding css classes. You'll find them here: http://www.heathersolomon.com/content/sp07cssreference.htm#Search

In example, if yoyu want to remove the All sites dropdownbox, you'll just add display:none; to  select.ms-sbscopes, like this:

select.ms-sbscopes{
    font-family:Verdana, Arial, sans-serif;
    display:none;
    }

Continue with the other elements.

Good luck!
    Jenny
    jennyfi
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:21 AM
  • One more approach is by deactivating and uninstalling both OSearchBasicFeature and OSearchEnhancedFeature features. It can help to get fulfill your requirement. Search Box control uses either of these features.
    Thanks & Regards
    Rakesh Narayan Lal
    Monday, April 27, 2009 7:39 AM
  • Hi Jope,

Can you explain a bit more on your requirement?

I have few questions:
    1) Do you want to remove the Search Box and replace it with a SearchBox webpart? Why?
    2) Do you want to have the Advance Search option? Is that the reason for you to remove existing search box and replace with Searchbox webpart?

In general "BlueBand.master / BlackBand.master" pages are used for collaboration pages / some build their custom master pages based on them.

Blue Band / Black Band will have the below:
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderSearchArea" runat="server">
              <SPSWC:SearchBoxEx id="SearchBox" RegisterStyles="false" TextBeforeDropDown="" TextBeforeTextBox="<%$Resources:cms,masterpages_searchbox_label%>" TextBoxWidth="100" GoImageUrl="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/Images/Search_Arrow.jpg %>"
               GoImageUrlRTL="<% $SPUrl:~sitecollection/Style Library/Images/Search_Arrow_RTL.jpg %>" UseSiteDefaults="true" DropDownMode = "HideScopeDD" SuppressWebPartChrome="true" runat="server" WebPart="true" __WebPartId="{EBB033A3-EF4C-4DDE-AAFA-845A15C737B2}"/>
             </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>

You can replace that portion with the below:
     <asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="PlaceHolderSearchArea" runat="server">
        <SharePoint:DelegateControl runat="server" ControlId="SmallSearchInputBox"/>
        </asp:ContentPlaceHolder>

Raghavan
    Wednesday, June 03, 2009 5:13 AM
  • hi all

any body can help me

how can i show default search box... i don't know why disable search box in my site collection...

please help me

Monday, March 05, 2012 4:13 PM