none
web application not validating domain id's.

    Question

  • My share point(wss 3.0) hosts many web applications but i will mention only two for your convenience.

    1) http:\\dgsrv05:666

    2)http:\\dgsrv05:90

    When i try to add users in to groups in dgsrv05:666 web application, it says exact match was not found.(only newly created users in domain are facing this problem and not the old users )

    Whereas if i try to add a user to some group in web application dgsrv05:90, it validates the domain id and is added to the group. Could anyone please help on this as i'm struggling to fix this issue.


    • Edited by Nusrathmd Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:23 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:14 PM

All replies

  •  

    Hi Nusrathmd,

    The issue may be cause of Quick Profile Synchronization job not working correctly. Try the following steps to solve it:
    1
    stsadm -o sync -synctiming m:1

    2stsadm -o sync -sweeptiming m:1

    3 Ensure there are no Non-Synced databases by running stsadm -o sync -listolddatabases 5( If you find any non-synced by executing above command stsadm -o sync -deleteolddatabases 5 > It should give output "Deleted sync information for DB <GUID>)

    4 Go to Central Administration > Operations > Timer Job Definitions and make sure all of "Profile Synchronization" and "Quick Profile Synchronization" shows "Minutes" and not "Hourly"

    5 We found when we go to Central Administration > Operations > Timer Job Status; Quick Profile Synchronization and found one of the web app wasnt synced from months

    6Cleared config cache by doing the following

    7Net stop sptimerv3

    8C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID>

    9Take a backup and delete all files except for cache.ini

    10Open cache.ini and change the value to 1 > save and exit the file

    11Net start sptimerv3

    12Now you will see C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\SharePoint\Config\<GUID> starts populating the XML files in the folder

    13Wait till you confirm the population is over and SharePoint timer service is no longer creating new files (sort by date modified)

    14 Wait for 1 more minute after all files are populated

    15Go to Central Administration > Operations > Timer Job Status and ensure "Profile Synchronization" and "Quick Profile Synchronization" are updated last minute

    Thanks,
    Lhan

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:55 AM
    Moderator
  •    Thanks for your response. I believe the advice that you have given is for Moss 2007/2010 because i did not find the command

    stsadm -o sync -synctiming in wss 3.0 and apart from that there is no Profile Synchronization/Quick profile synchronization job under the path you mentioned. But i stopped the sptimev3 service, deleted all files except for cache.ini but nothing seems to work.

    I really cannot understand what the problem is..the domain id's getting validated in all web applications except for the one i am working on.

    Could there be a problem with the following

    1) IIS

    2)SQL DB

    or is there a way that i can manually update the new users in some db ?

    thanks.

    Friday, February 24, 2012 6:19 AM
  • Hi Nusrathmd,

    Go to Central Administration > Operations > Timer Job Definitions and make sure all of "Profile Synchronization" and "Quick Profile Synchronization" shows "Minutes" and not "Hourly"

    Thanks,
    Lhan Han

    Monday, February 27, 2012 1:40 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Han,

     Profile synchronization and quick profile synchronization options are not availble in Wss 3.0. However i would like you suggest me few things.

    As i told you earlier that there are two web applications wherein one is validating the domain id's and the other one is not validating the domain id's.

    I ran stsadm command on both the web applications and here are the results.

    The command that i ran is

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

          

              this is the Working site result


    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>stsa
    dm -o getsiteuseraccountdirectorypath -url http://dgsrv05:90

    <SiteUserAccountDirectoryPath />

    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Not working site result

    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\web server extensions\12\BIN>stsa
    dm -o getsiteuseraccountdirectorypath -url http://dstwsintranet

    <SiteUserAccountDirectoryPath>DC=WSS-MASTER</SiteUserAccountDirectoryPath>

    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    The site which is not validating domain id's is showing the DC as WSS-MASTER but the site which is validating the domain id's is not showing any path from it is picking the user account.

    Do you think this is a problem, if yes, then where do i do the modification. Thanks.

    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 5:17 PM