none
FileMaker DB imported to SharePoint List

Question

• Hello,

I recently migrated data from a FileMaker application into a  SharePoint List.  This same process applies to Access DB's as well.  The data gets imported into a custom list.

What I noticed is that once successfully imported into SharePoint, I get a warning message about the number of records in the list.  Currently there are 2,165 records.

Since SharePoint only gives you the option of importing into a list, I am concerned about the message.  Is there a threshhold for how many records can be in a list?    I have seen threshhold values for a doc lib (2 million) but none for the list.

If anyone has any suggetions please respond.

Thank you for your comments.

Sincerely,
    Tim
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 12:56 AM

Answers

• I think this is just a warning message because you are over the suggested "recommended maximum" of 2,000.

I don't think there is any problem beyond that. I have other kinds of lists (Link Lists) with many more than the number you have (ca 4000 perhaps) and they have worked well in production (in a v2 site) for years and in a personal site (v3) for about 18 months with no problems.

Beyond investigating whether you can easily divide the present items into two or more Custom Lists for different areas - and not doing it if there is no such logical split, I wouldn't bother over much.
    • Marked as answer by tmichaelf Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:45 PM
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 8:13 AM

All replies

• I think this is just a warning message because you are over the suggested "recommended maximum" of 2,000.

I don't think there is any problem beyond that. I have other kinds of lists (Link Lists) with many more than the number you have (ca 4000 perhaps) and they have worked well in production (in a v2 site) for years and in a personal site (v3) for about 18 months with no problems.

Beyond investigating whether you can easily divide the present items into two or more Custom Lists for different areas - and not doing it if there is no such logical split, I wouldn't bother over much.
    • Marked as answer by tmichaelf Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:45 PM
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 8:13 AM
  • Hi Mike,

Thank you for your comments.  This is a relief to learn.

Sincerely,
    Tim
    Sunday, December 21, 2008 1:44 PM
  • Hi Tim,

Can you give us some guidance and links as to how you integrate File Maker Pro with Sharepoint 2010 Foundation? How did you do it? I have a requirement now that i need to configure. Thanks,

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 2:59 AM
  • Hi Tim,

Can you give us some guidance and links as to how you integrate File Maker Pro with Sharepoint 2010 Foundation? How did you do it? I have a requirement now that i need to configure. Thanks

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 3:01 AM
  • Tim,

What steps did you take to integrate data from File Maker Pro into SharePoint? I'm in the middle of a migration and could use some help.

D

Wednesday, October 09, 2013 12:07 PM
  • You will find a step-by-step guide to integrate FileMaker (and other data sources) with SharePoint here:

http://www.layer2.de/en/community/FAQs/cloud-connector/Pages/Filemaker-Integration-Office-365-SharePoint.aspx

Thanks, Frank

Friday, April 11, 2014 10:45 AM