We have a one SharePoint server, in that we have more than 15 webapplications, from last two days I am facing a problem when I give a site url like http://server:123/ it is not going to the site it is giving a
404 error, when I give a url like http://server:123/default.aspx the site coming ,it is not recognizing the default page
Please help me on the same.
Thanks in advance
this is most likely missing / corrupt / incorrect version aspnet_isapi.dll file
Try following steps to get this fix
- Open Internet Information Services and right click the website and click properties.
- In the properties dialogue box click on the tab Home Directory.
- Under Application Settings click on the Configuration button.
- Under Wildcard Application Maps check whether there is an entry like “C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll” select it and remove it.
- Click on the Insert button and browse to the correct Aspnet installation folder viz. “C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727, select the file aspnet_isapi.dll.
- Save changes and reset the IIS.
- Try the sharepoint site url without the “default.aspx”.
This might be one of the cause behind your issues
There are some more causes listed on http://prequest01.wordpress.com/2008/11/27/unable-to-open-sharepoint-sites-without-defaultaspx/
Let us know your results, Thanks
Warm Regards, Pratik Vyas | SharePoint Consultant | http://sharepointpratik.blogspot.com/ | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights