none
code signing certificate

Question

• Code signing certificate was deployed on SharePoint server for Info path code authentication. When the user open new instance of the form it give the following pop up in internet explorer IE 8.

Microsoft Office had identified a potential security concern.
    this file may not be safe if it contains code that was indented to harm your computer.

i checked the certificate details, it is valid till 2014 and certificate status is ok.
    version V3

but when opened in firefox it throws below error:

This form template is not currently browser-enabled. It must either be republished as a browser-enabled form, or opened using Microsoft Office InfoPath 2007.

any help on this will be really appreciated

Tuesday, May 31, 2011 5:52 AM

All replies

• I'm a little confused, because you mentioned two separate errors but never told us anything about the form.  Is this a 2007 or 2010 question?  Is it an admin-approved form?  Does it code-behind that requires Full Trust?  What is the purpose of a "code signing certificate"?  Is it a browser form or Filler form?  Why did you use Firefox?  Did you use the certificate to digitally sign the form before publishing it?

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Tuesday, May 31, 2011 6:28 AM
  • Hi karansharma,

There is a known limitation that Firefox integration with InfoPath 2010 in SharePoint 2010. It requires an ActiveX control, such as the one that is delivered in Microsoft Office 2010, and a Firefox control adaptor.
    For more details, please refer to
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc263526.aspx

And here is reference about how to deploy Form templates that contain code, hope it could help.
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms772405.aspx

Best regards,
    Emir

Wednesday, June 01, 2011 11:09 AM
  • hi cobb,

The issue is in 2007.

yes it is an admin approved form.

no it does not has a code behind it.

the purpose of the certificate is to digitally sign in the form before publishing.

i basically use IE8. i just wanted to test the behavior in the firefox and it threw an error.

thanks for the reply
    Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:49 AM
  • hi Liu,

Am using IE8 basically , i just wanted to test the behaviour in firefox.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:53 AM