none
SharePoint Foundation 2010 and Outlook

Question

• Hi!

I have calendar in SharePoint Foundation 2010, and I connected to Outlook.

But If I add new event in SharePoint, than the Outlook not refreshing, not show the new event, and If I add new item in Outlook than in the Sharepoint site not show the new item. Why?

My other question is, how can I add event from my Outlook calendar to the SharePoint calendar automatic?

Thanks,

Niki

Friday, March 02, 2012 1:16 PM

Answers

• Once connected, SharePoint calendar events should be synchronized with Outlook calendar and vice versa with no additional configuration. First time you initiated this connection (from SharePoint, "Connect to Outlook" action) you should get asked to allow the connection. After that you'll get TWO separate calendars in Outlook!

SharePoint calendar can be displayed next to your default Outlook calendar. In Outlook, using the arrow near the calendar name you'll be able to display calendars in overlay mode. However, there is no out-of.the-box way to automaticaly synchronize default Outlook and SharePoint calendar.

Sasa Tomicic
    MCPD: Shpt Dev 2010, MCITP: Shpt Admin 2010, MCPD: Win Dev 4
    My blog: Share(d)Point of View

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Hun_Niki89 Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:35 PM
    Friday, March 02, 2012 1:46 PM

All replies

• Once connected, SharePoint calendar events should be synchronized with Outlook calendar and vice versa with no additional configuration. First time you initiated this connection (from SharePoint, "Connect to Outlook" action) you should get asked to allow the connection. After that you'll get TWO separate calendars in Outlook!

SharePoint calendar can be displayed next to your default Outlook calendar. In Outlook, using the arrow near the calendar name you'll be able to display calendars in overlay mode. However, there is no out-of.the-box way to automaticaly synchronize default Outlook and SharePoint calendar.

Sasa Tomicic

Please remember to click 'Mark as Answer' on the post that helps you or click 'Unmark as Answer' if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

• Marked as answer by Hun_Niki89 Tuesday, March 06, 2012 1:35 PM
    Friday, March 02, 2012 1:46 PM
  • But If I use SharePoint Server 2010 than the Outlook refresh data if I add new item in SharePoint and vice versa.
    Friday, March 02, 2012 1:57 PM
  • That should work automatically.

Sasa Tomicic

Friday, March 02, 2012 2:19 PM
  • And the SharePoint Foundation Calendar should work automatically? Or this is missing function in Foundation?
    Monday, March 05, 2012 11:07 AM
  • I found why not work good the sync and I found other solution when I set incoming e-mail in sharepoint calendar, than I know send event to the sharepoint from my Outlook calendar. But if I modified this event in sharepoint, then not refresh in the Outlook. Is there a solution?
    Thursday, March 08, 2012 4:00 PM