none
No warning and no processing when content enrichment output is different from config

Question

• Hi all,

When configuring the content enrichment, you provide the web service's outputted managed properties.

If the output contains less managed properties than configured, that's not a problem, but if it contains more than configured, then the content enrichment fails without any warning at the crawl log, even if Error is configured to warning.

For example:

config.OutputProperties = "Author","Title"

and the web service is outputting two properties "Author" and "Title" - no problem.

But if you reconfigure config.OutputProperties = "Author", with no change to web service which still outputs "Author" and "Title", the result is that nothing is saved to "Author".

Amir

Monday, December 31, 2012 3:13 PM

All replies

• Actually there should be a following message in log, and processing of the item will be terminated according to FailureMode. As configured in \Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Search\Runtime\1.0\Deployment\Configuration\Local\logging.xml, it should redirect all logs to ULS.

• The content processing enrichment service returned a property with name {0} which it is not configured to return.

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:12 PM
  • I'll check my ULS logs but shouldn't something like that appear in the crawl logs (Admin UI)?

It used to back in FS4SP.

Amir

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:30 AM
  • I checked my logs, but didn't see this exact message.

I did however see many other warning regarding my content enrichment process, non of which appeared in the crawl logs. Is there a way to "push" these error to the crawl logs? It would really help me and my customers that all logs regarding search would be in one place.

Amir

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:48 AM
  • Have you tried FailureMode = Error? It seems to be the only thing that might help with pushing this to crawl log.

As for ULS logs, it might be helpful to notice, that there's an option (undocumented) to redirect enrichment logs to file, event handler or console.

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:51 AM
  • Hi Alexey,

I've switched to FailueMode = Error and it does write entries to the crawl logs, but only one and not quite a helpful one:

"The item failed due to an error occurring when sending or receiving data to the external content processing enrichment web service."

It's always the same message, no matter what the error was, a timeout or a parse error (which can be seen at ULS).

Amir

Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:37 AM
  • Is it possible to get a detail error info from the enrichment service in the crawl logs?
    Thursday, February 13, 2014 9:52 PM