none
User Profile Sync Problem - Profiles are getting purged from SharePoint on Full Sync and sometimes incremental

    Question

  • Environment details:

    SharePoint 2010 Enterprise with December 2011 CU 14.0.6114.5000

    Does anyone know what the criteria is for the profiles in the User Profile database to get marked for deletion? I'm having some trouble with the sync jobs. In the system event viewer, I'm getting the following error:

    FIMSynchronizationService Event ID 6126

    The management agent "MOSS-63649d6d-ab5f-4eda-8c6a-6e2b65a419c7" completed run profile "MOSS_DELTAIMPORT_51f827d4-b836-4851-89de-daf209327762" with a delta import or delta synchronization step type. The rules configuration has changed since the last full import or full synchronization.
     
     User Action
     To ensure the updated rules are applied to all objects, a run with step type of full import and full synchronization should be completed.

    FIMSynchronizationService Event ID 6801

    The extensible extension returned an unsupported error.
     The stack trace is:
     
     "System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request)
       at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.DownloadPictures(ProfileChangeData[] profiles)
       at Microsoft.Office.Server.UserProfiles.ManagementAgent.ProfileImportExportExtension.Microsoft.MetadirectoryServices.IMAExtensibleFileImport.GenerateImportFile(String fileName, String connectTo, String user, String password, ConfigParameterCollection configParameters, Boolean fFullImport, TypeDescriptionCollection types, String& customData)
    Forefront Identity Manager 4.0.2450.34"

    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I'm afraid to perform a full sync as suggested since previous attempts have wiped out my production user profile databases (all profiles and My Sites got deleted).

    My latest troubleshooting step was to re-create the connection to Active Directory. I then performed an incremental sync which also resulted in my user profile database and all the My Site data getting wiped out.

    Any tips?


    http://www.henryong.com


    • Edited by Henry Ong Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:48 AM
    Thursday, February 23, 2012 1:47 AM

All replies

  • Does anyone know what the criteria is for the profiles in the User Profile database to get marked for deletion? I'm having some trouble with the sync jobs.

    According to Spence's post, the entries get marked for deletion after the 1st incremental sync after the accounts get deleted.

    http://www.harbar.net/archive/2011/02/10/account-deletion-and-sharepoint-2010-user-profile-synchronization.aspx


    - Sid

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 3:33 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Sid. Unfortunately all of my profiles are getting deleted regardless of whether the accounts are deleted in AD or not.

    After thinking about it some more, I'm starting to think that all the profiles get marked for deletion whenever the sync connection is deleted/recreated. Can anyone confirm this behavior?


    http://www.henryong.com

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 5:32 AM
  • Hi... I just update to December 2011 CU 14.0.6114.5000 and I now get the same erros as above.. Anyone know what is going on. I did not have these issues before this CU..

    thanks

    Thursday, February 23, 2012 10:49 PM
  • After daying of trying to figure this out, i ended up deleting the UPS service which deleted the ad connector and all the user profiles. After recreating the UPS and Ad connector I had to remap everything whihc took time, however all the problems were gone when a did a full sync. No more FIM errors

    tks

    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Sunday, March 04, 2012 9:37 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Henry Ong Monday, March 05, 2012 7:10 PM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:24 PM
  • The solution to the original problem was a bit different than the one suggested by gmon16. I did not have to delete and recreate the UPS. It was related to CMYK images that users were uploading to their profiles and exported to AD. I've written a case study here:

    http://blog.henryong.com/2012/03/02/case-study-on-troubleshooting-a-failed-sharepoint-user-profilefim-synchronization-bad-cmyk-user-photos-and-disappearing-user-profiles/

    Also, to prevent User Profiles from getting deleted during the recreation of the UPS or AD connections, you'll want to temporarily disable the My Site Cleanup Timer Job as I mentioned in the link above.


    http://www.henryong.com


    • Edited by Henry Ong Monday, March 05, 2012 7:12 PM
    Monday, March 05, 2012 7:10 PM