none
HitHighlightedSummary empty

Question

• SharePoint 2013 Search

I created an BCS external content type and crawl it. In the search result page, I use the default display template to show the BCS results. But only Title and URL are showed in the result page, no HitHighlightedSummary text between the Title line and URL line.

In IE Developer debug mode, I can see HitHighlightedSummary property in ctx but it's just empty. For the normal SharePoint content, the HitHighlightedSummary field is showed fine. I am wondering why...?

I have tried recreated the Search Service Application but got the same result.

In some threads, I read that in FAST Search for SP2010, we can control if a managd property is to be included in the hithighlightedsummary text.

Manage hit highlighted summary for a managed property by using Windows PowerShell (FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint)
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg193926

In SP2013 Search, it seems that we can't control it though...

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:39 PM

All replies

• Hi, 

please consider configuring your property as Searchable and Retrievable and recrawl the content. Please let us know if it helps.

Monday, December 31, 2012 5:35 PM
  • I have already made them "Searchable" "Queriable"  and "Retrievable".

That's the weird thing.

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:06 AM
  • I excluded some fields that has "<" or ">" from the managed properties. Then the HitHighlightedSummary appears now. Problem is resolved.
    • Marked as answer by Avantee Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:53 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by Avantee Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:55 PM
    Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:53 AM
  • Weird...

This issue appears again even if I remove characters like "<" ">". There is nothing in HitHighlightedSummary field when all the table columns just contain normal text...

Any body knows about how the index works for this HitHighlightedSummary property?

Thursday, January 17, 2013 12:59 PM
  • data is so simple

All the crawled properties are set to "Include in full-text index".

And all the mapped manged properties are set to "Searchable" "Queriable" and "Retrievable".

Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:23 PM
  • Hi Babylon.

I also wanted to have the option to choose on which managed property a dynamic teaser will be created.

The official response that I received from Microsoft that it is not possible any more.

HitHighlightedSummary is generated only from body managed property.

Amir

Thursday, January 17, 2013 1:35 PM
  • I made some further tests and Here is what I found:

1. If I remove all the mapped managed property for these table columns, the text would appear in the HitHighlightedSummary field.

2. If I create and map a managed property to it ("Search", "Queryable" and "Retrievable"), then it became empty once again.

I am doing some detailed test to see what the heck cause it is.

Friday, January 18, 2013 4:50 AM
  • Amir,

I got the same response from Microsoft... The dynamic option in managed property is gone in SP Search 2013.

Thursday, February 07, 2013 2:32 AM