none
Page Cannot Be Displayed

Question

•  

Guys, do you know how to configure this one. I always received Page Cannot Be Displayed whenever I access my extended web application.

I've create a web application with port 80, host header name "extranet" and some default settings. After that, I've created an extended web application with the same web application I've created above. This time, the Load URL is Internet and the Host Header name is internet, but with port 80 too. Now, whenever, I accessed my extranet, it is always ok. But when I access this one: http://internet/, it displays "Page Cannot Be Displayed". Do you have any idea for some configutions with this one?

I just followed the instructions on how to extend a web application on a technet site, but still the error message appears.

Thanks in advance!

Monday, March 31, 2008 5:20 AM

Answers

• Did you made the neccessary changes in the host file of the machine for the Internet Zone.

Host File Path:

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC

Try to add the below in the  host file ,

127.0.0.1 Internet    

-Vijay

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:54 PM "u" replaced with "you" - sorry but useing texting is really annoying.
    Monday, March 31, 2008 6:19 AM

All replies

• Did you made the neccessary changes in the host file of the machine for the Internet Zone.

Host File Path:

127.0.0.1 Internet    

-Vijay

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, June 18, 2009 1:54 PM "u" replaced with "you" - sorry but useing texting is really annoying.
    Monday, March 31, 2008 6:19 AM
  •  Vijay282 wrote:

Did u made the neccessary changes in the host file of the machine for the Internet Zone.

Host File Path:

127.0.0.1 Internet    

-Vijay

Cool, it works! But isn't it autmatic? Or do I always need to automatically add that entry on host file?

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 3:06 AM
  • What you really need is an entry added to your DNS server so that internet can be resolved to the IP address of the web application.  This process is not automatic.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 4:42 AM
  • Surely , we need to make necessary changes in the host file of the machine

as per the Host Header Name provided in the CAof MOSS 2007.

Tuesday, April 01, 2008 6:04 AM
  • Thanks for all the help guys!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:38 AM