none
Configuring Sharepoint 2013 SkyDrive Pro

Question

• I cannot find a place to manage the storage size for an On Premise useage of Sky Drive Pro.  I see that in the spec's it indicates that this is a configurable option, but I cannot find a place where I can dictate a storage limit for my users. 
    Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:32 PM

Answers

• You need to set this at the web application level.

CA> Manage web application> choose the my sites web app> general settings> you will see an option to set the quota template.

This will be the quota for each site collection, each my site is a new site collection.

Note skydrive pro is simply a document library within my sites, just improved upon and re-badged for SP2013.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:25 PM

All replies

• You need to set this at the web application level.

CA> Manage web application> choose the my sites web app> general settings> you will see an option to set the quota template.

This will be the quota for each site collection, each my site is a new site collection.

Note skydrive pro is simply a document library within my sites, just improved upon and re-badged for SP2013.

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:25 PM
  • Thank you! That worked!
    Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:49 PM
  • I'm wanting to do the same thing as Lsujka, but I made the changes you suggested and it didn't work. I still get the server storage exceeded error. Any other suggestions or am I missing something? I'm using SharePoint 2013 and Windows Server 2012

Tuesday, April 09, 2013 5:34 PM
  • AlanByrneIT's response is correct for setting the default quota.  Any existing site collections will still have the quota setting that was in effect when they were created.  You can change the quota for individual site collections in Central Administration/Application Management/Configure quotas and locks.  There is probably a PowerShell command to do it as well.
    Wednesday, April 10, 2013 7:24 PM