none
Location of Sharepoint Drafts folder in windows 7

Question

• Hello,

I have checked out a file for editing in Windows 7. I edited the file and closed it later. I now want to open the file and do some further editing. 

Usually in windows XP the file can be obtained under 'My Documents\SharePoint Draft'. 

I am unable to locate the SharePoint Draft Folder in Windows 7. Can anybody let me know where can I obtain the file?

Thanks,

Wednesday, September 28, 2011 2:12 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Sharepoint draft folder comes with office 2007  and not supported by Office 2003. (As per my knowledge). Now you can check the draft folder location and modify it if you want:

1. Open Word 2007.

2. Click the Office button in the top left hand corner and then click Word Options.

3. Click Save (fourth item from top in the list).

4. Change the location under "Server Drafts Location" option.

Refer below article for more settings:

http://sladescross.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/sharepoint-drafts-folder/

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:56 AM

All replies

• HI,

I am using Windows 7 and I can find it in the same location.

Ensure that you have enabled the option of viewing the hidden files as well.

I hope this will help you out

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 5:32 PM
  • Hi,

Sharepoint draft folder comes with office 2007  and not supported by Office 2003. (As per my knowledge). Now you can check the draft folder location and modify it if you want:

1. Open Word 2007.

2. Click the Office button in the top left hand corner and then click Word Options.

3. Click Save (fourth item from top in the list).

4. Change the location under "Server Drafts Location" option.

Refer below article for more settings:

http://sladescross.wordpress.com/2010/01/03/sharepoint-drafts-folder/

Hope it could help

Cheers, Hemendra-MCTS "Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see"
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 9:56 AM