none
ResolvePrincipals returning null email address for some people

Question

• Where does the ResolvePrincipals() API call get its information?

I am making an API call like this:

ListWS.PrincipalInfo[] principalInfo = ps.ResolvePrincipals(new string[] { t.AssignedTo }, ListWS.SPPrincipalType.User, true);

For one user, the attribute "principalInfo[0].Email" is coming back as null.  All other users return the correct email address.

When I look at the user's User Profile record in the User Profile Service, it shows an email address.  His AD entry has an email address.  Where else is it looking for this?

Monday, March 26, 2012 6:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Stoonad,

As all other users return the correct email address, so this way should be correct.

Could you make sure if the user is the user of the site collection, also you can try re sync the user profile service and check if you could get the email address.

Thanks,
    Simon

Simon Huang

TechNet Community Support

Friday, March 30, 2012 2:05 AM
  • How do you make sure the user is a "user of the site collection"?

If the user's name appears in a Sharepoint list (such as a creator of a list item, or assigned a task) and I click on the user's name, it takes me to his profile page and it shows his email address.

However, it has no presence "globe" next to his name in the Sharepoint lists, like it does for other users.

In the People Picker, his name can be found, but the "E-mail address" column is blank!  Yet his profile page shows his email address.

It looks like this is coming from two difference sources.

Friday, March 30, 2012 1:24 PM
  • I think I have this corrected.

I used http://server/_layouts/people.aspx?MembershipGroupId=0

I found the user and deleted him, then ran an incremental User Profile sync, and this seems to have corrected the problem.

Friday, March 30, 2012 3:37 PM