core.js

Question

•  

Hi,

Is it possible to remove core.js from the pages that are rendered by MOSS. This file is 270Kb and is delaying the first access to the website?

In our scenario this file is needed only on the authoring environment, not on the public website. Is there any way of avoiding the include on the public environment?

Is the customization of this file supported?

Can this file be customized only for a web application on a machine with several web applications?

Best Regards,

Luis Sousa

Sunday, January 28, 2007 12:50 PM

Answers

• While I suppose it is technically possible to remove all references to this file from the pages you are using I am not sure that would be the best solution.   There are actually 2 different core.js files and both seem to have function calls that would be used by everyone.

I am not sure if customizing this file is supported but my guess would be no.  Besides there is no guarantee that a hotfix or service pack would not overwrite your changes. 

Finally, changing this file would cause the change to occur on all the web applications since they all read from the "12" folder.

Monday, January 29, 2007 11:43 AM