none
Images distorted or disappear from Word/PowerPoint documents stored in SharePoint 2010 libraries

Question

• We have occasional issues with Word and PowerPoint files stored in SharePoint 2010 document libraries that have images embedded in them.

When the user opens the file on SharePoint the images have disappeared or are distorted.

Is this an issue that you have seen before? It isn't something that happens consistently but when it does happen, the file has to be downloaded to the user's desktop, images re-inserted, saved and uploaded to SharePoint.  Some times the issue continues, some times it is fixed.  Stranger still is that the file that has been saved to the desktop is fine, the distortion seems to only happen on SharePoint.

Any thoughts on what may be creating this issue?

Friday, August 09, 2013 2:36 PM

All replies

• I have the EXACT same issue. Were you able to resolve it? Anything, even images alone that are over 1MB it seems have this skew, and its random. For some it works for some its fine. I have tried going directly to each server in the load balancer directly but its consistently random.
    Thursday, August 22, 2013 3:07 PM
  • No luck in resolving the issue.  I am glad to hear that some one else has had the same experience though since I've been through online blogs and discussion boards and haven't seen anyone with a similar issue.  I will let you know if I find a "fix" for this.
    Friday, August 23, 2013 2:27 PM
  • I face the EXACTly the same issue mentioned above for both SharePoint 2010 and SharePoint 2013.

The content in the PowerPoint is just fine, only appeared distorted or sometimes no image at all when displayed thru SharePoint web page viewer.

Tried luck to find answer thru web but found not much info about it.

Monday, September 01, 2014 5:37 AM