none
Is a drop-down box limited to 100 items? infopath form

Question

• I have a drop down box looking at a list of 360 items but I only see the first 100 items.  I have been clicking around trying to figure out if I can adjust the dropdown box to hold more items.
    • Moved by Clayton Cobb Friday, May 27, 2011 9:56 PM InfoPath 2003 question (From:SharePoint 2010 - Using SharePoint Designer, Infopath, and other customization)
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 8:30 PM

Answers

• Drop downs are absolutely not limited to 100 items.

That's probably because your default view in the list is set to only show 100 items.  This sounds like a 2007 issue and not 2010.  Please verify the version of InfoPath and SharePoint being used, but I'm only assuming that you're using SharePoint, and I'm assuming your dropdown is populated by a list data connection.  You didn't specify, but that's what it sounds like.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:43 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 12:54 AM

All replies

• Drop downs are absolutely not limited to 100 items.

That's probably because your default view in the list is set to only show 100 items.  This sounds like a 2007 issue and not 2010.  Please verify the version of InfoPath and SharePoint being used, but I'm only assuming that you're using SharePoint, and I'm assuming your dropdown is populated by a list data connection.  You didn't specify, but that's what it sounds like.

• Marked as answer by Peng Lei Thursday, June 02, 2011 3:43 AM
    Friday, May 27, 2011 12:54 AM
  • I am using Infopath 2003.  Not sure what version of sharepoint.  The dropdown is populated with a data connection,  a sharepoint list. 
    Friday, May 27, 2011 3:55 PM
  • Nothing have changed in 2010 SharePoint version of a list connection. Amount of items is limited to the items limit of the default view.

http://alecpojidaev.wordpress.com
    Friday, May 27, 2011 8:08 PM
  • I am using Infopath 2003.  Not sure what version of sharepoint.  The dropdown is populated with a data connection,  a sharepoint list. 

This is the 2010 forum, so when you post in a 2010 forum, that means you're only using 2010.  I'll move it now to the pre-2010 forum.

You don't know what version of SharePoint you're using?  That is pretty important to know...

InfoPath 2003 is about 10 years old, and I haven't used it in 5 years, so I don't really know if there is any limitation here, but I doubt it.  The version of SharePoint is very important.  Regardless, you answered a few of my questions, but did you actually go check the part that I said was likely the problem?

Friday, May 27, 2011 9:55 PM
  • Clayton,

do you know of a way to get around the limitation of only seeing values that are in the default view?  I am importing 90 fields into a form and can't have a view that large.

Thanks

Clay

UPDATE:  SharePoint 2010 and Infopath 2010

• Edited by claydevin Wednesday, November 14, 2012 9:17 PM
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:53 PM