none
'The selected cells are read-only' while editing the contents of a MOSS list in data sheet view.

Question

• I have created a list with a few columns having 'single line of text', 'choice' etc. I have uploaded a few documents on to it. However , when I tried update the columns of the list in datasheet view it throws the 'read-only ' error. If I tried to update the properties of individual document it work perfectly fine. The list does not contain any 'approve/ reject' process. There is not content type management enabled. I have check all possible reason from Microsoft help which was saying the possibilities of column can become read-only(by clicking 'Read-only' label present at the right bottom corner of the datasheet view of the list). If anyone faced this issue in the past and knew the resolution , please help me.

Regards,

Navnath

• Changed type Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:44 PM question
    • Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:45 PM Title revised. Contains same information now but is much shorter
    • Moved by Mike Walsh FIN Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:45 PM admin q (From:SharePoint - General Question and Answers and Discussion (pre-SharePoint 2010))
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies