none
How to display Announcements on the Homepage

Question

•  I want to display the company's announcements on the (main) homepage of my MOSS site, but it doesn't give me the choice to add it as a webpart when I click on edit page (being that there are not lists/libraries attached to it).  And we don't want a link to another page, we want to display them directly on the homepage in a nice format. Let's say have the title of the announcement, the date it was posted, and a preview of the body, and once you click on the body it takes you to another page to read the announcement. we want to use sharepoint's functionality. It would be too much maintenance to have it some other way.  I am trying to find customized code, or a webpart o a feature to install. Dont' know what my options are since we are new to sharepoint. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    Friday, September 26, 2008 4:53 PM

Answers

•  

Hello,

Your announcement list can not be added as a web part at home page possibly because it is created in a different site. You can save this list as a list template with checking on “include” content. Then apply it to the current site.

To plus some information on Patrik’s advice, you can also create a dataview in sharepoint designer. You should include columns as title, modified,  body, created by.

Hope it can help you.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:42 AM

All replies

• If you have MOSS (not WSS), you can use the Content Query Web Part to achieve this.
    Patrik | My Blog
    Friday, September 26, 2008 8:31 PM
  •  

Hello,

Your announcement list can not be added as a web part at home page possibly because it is created in a different site. You can save this list as a list template with checking on “include” content. Then apply it to the current site.

To plus some information on Patrik’s advice, you can also create a dataview in sharepoint designer. You should include columns as title, modified,  body, created by.

Hope it can help you.

Jerry

Xing-Bing Yu
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 3:42 AM