none
SharePoint 2010 Twitter web.part

Question

• Afternoon all, I hate to post a question that has been posted several times before (many times before) but I'm really struggling to customize one of the many Twitter web.parts that was so generously shared with the wider SharePoint audience. I'm sure I don't have to tell everyone how many there are out there - unfortunately there wasn't one that gave us exactly what we wanted. What do we want? We want to have the ability to follow multiple hashtags, not just one and not just someone's Twitter feed. In searching, I came across a piece of code that got us 99% there, all that's missing is the ability to plug in a couple more hashtags - or really, what's missing is my ability to modify the code to include the additional hashtags.

As you can see from the image below, I found the lines that contain the hashtags we want to follow - if I put only one there, such as #cloud, it works a charm. If I try to add others, nada - all I get is an admin error.

I've now gotten to the point where I have tried so many different ways, I've lost track - So I thought the easiest thing to do (rather than posting all my mistakes) is ask point blank... Could someone please tell me what the correct syntax would be for adding the additional hashtags? :)

Happy to share the entire web.part file for context as it was downloaded from someone willing to share the code with others.

Thanks so, so much in advance!

Thursday, January 12, 2012 3:06 PM

Answers

All replies