none
2013 List View Webpart - View Selector

Question

• This is a SP2013 issue:

I've placed a basic list view webpart onto a page.  I try enabling the "view selector menu" to show from the webpart properties.  When I apply the changes, the view selector shows while still in edit mode.  When I save the view, the option reverts back to disabling the view selector.  I can figure out why for the life of me.  I have tried with both SP2013 preview and an on-prem and get the same exact issue (both OOB masterpages and a custom one).  Any ideas?

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 9:57 PM

All replies

• Hi thamera,

My SharePoint 2013 is RTM version(15.0.4420.1017) which could enable the list view web part property "View selector menu", please check and make sure your SharePoint version is the same.

Thanks

Daniel Yang
    TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 8:41 AM
  • it seems like a bug. its not working for any list or library except Pages library.

To overcome the issue, you can extend this OOTB List view web part and through coding override the "Disable View Selector menu" property. 

Tuesday, March 05, 2013 11:31 AM
  • We are on the same version and still having the issue.  What I have found is that it works on a page that is created by SharePoint for a standard list view but when placing a list view webpart onto a newly created webpart page, it doesn't work.
    Friday, March 08, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Yes, you are right. that is what i mentioned earlier post, it seems like a bug. However, if you use Pages Library as in List View web part, View Selector is working fine but for other list and libraries it wont.

I think you need to extend this OOTB List view web part and through coding override the "Disable View Selector menu" property to make it work.

Friday, March 08, 2013 12:10 PM
  • Hi,

Even i am facing this issue. Mine is enterprise edition.

Any workaround around it?

Regards,

Nishant Rana

http://nishantrana.wordpress.com https://twitter.com/#!/nishantranacrm

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 7:33 AM
  • Anyone have a work around or try SharePoint 2013 sp1? We have the same issue
    Friday, March 21, 2014 12:12 AM