none
Problem Searching on One Site Collection

Question

• I've got a problem with searching on one site collection. No content seems to be indexed. I get 0 results on any query.

I've checked to see if an exclusion is being made for this URL, but there is none.
    The site settings - search visibility is set to yes for sites and subsites.
    I tried indexing this URL with our site collection admin credentials: no change after full crawl.
    I've tested the search with my own and the site collection admin credentials. no luck.

Are there any other levels on which the site can be excluded from indexing, which I'm missing?
    Secondly: does the default content access account also have to have access to all internal sharepoint content? or is this only for external sources?
    We see that this is being done with a wrong admin account, but I've now added that account with read acess to the site in question to test if this was the cause. Still no search (after full crawl).

thank you in advance

Tim

with kind regards, Tim Nagels System Administrator Applications

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 2:49 PM

All replies

• Check the crawl log and see if you are experiencing any errors when crawling that particular URL.  The default content access account must have read access to the entire web application.

Corey Roth - SharePoint Server MVP blog: www.dotnetmafia.com twitter: @coreyroth

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:26 AM
  • Tnx Corey,

Weird thing is we don't see any errors in the logs.He doesn't even try to index.

We're planning to change the default content access account to another user. it seems this was changed by securty to be able to index more then sharepoint, but not with the correct account.

wkr

Tim

Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:38 AM
  • We've changed the content access account to our all-in service user for sharepoint. Still no luck.
    Has access everywhere.
    It seems now after some testing that the problems occur for an entire content database. (our newest one).
    The database is set-up to use the same indexing server.
    Everything is connected under the same portal.

Is there another level on which this account needs specific access? Would be weird as it is also our serviceuser. The sites are still not showing up in the logs. neither warning,success,error

with kind regards,

Tim Nagels

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:33 AM