none
Stand-alone provisioning has failed because an error occurred while enumerating the SharePoint Server products installed on this server.

Question

• For weeks my SharePoint2010 solution has been working. Yesterday when I pulled up any of my web applications, I experienced the following error:

Stand-alone provisioning has failed because an error occurred while enumerating the SharePoint Server products installed on this server.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.InvalidOperationException: Stand-alone provisioning has failed because an error occurred while enumerating the SharePoint Server products installed on this server.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[InvalidOperationException: Stand-alone provisioning has failed because an error occurred while enumerating the SharePoint Server products installed on this server.]

Microsoft.Office.Server.EvaluatorModeProvisioning.OfficeServerProducts.get_OfficeProductList() +677

Microsoft.Office.Server.EvaluatorModeProvisioning.OfficeServerProducts.IsInstalled(OfficeServerProductToProvision product) +161

Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SetupLicensing.get_InstalledOfficeServersProduct() +36

Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SearchHelper.get_IsSearchSKU() +9

Microsoft.SharePoint.Portal.WebControls.SearchBoxEx.OnPreRender(Object sender, EventArgs e) +256

System.Web.UI.Control.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +11032190

Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.WebPart.OnPreRender(EventArgs e) +122

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +108

System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +224

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3394

These are the things that I have tried so far:

1.       Central admin does still come up.

2.       I have run the repair wizard from the share point installer

3.       I have run the SharePoint 2010 Products Configuration Wizard

4.       I uninstalled SharePoint 2010 designer (installed 2 weeks ago, didn’t have any problems after installing it) and re-installed it.

5.       I have verified the I am running office 2010 32 bit version.

6.       Made sure all my app pools are running correctly with the proper user.

Does anyone have an idea as to what causes this?

Thank You,

Dave

Friday, January 28, 2011 10:31 PM

Answers

• Is it possible that your trial or license key has expired?  It looks like its trying to verify that youo have a valid Search SKU (key) and failing:

Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SetupLicensing.get_InstalledOfficeServersProduct() +36

Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.SearchHelper.get_IsSearchSKU() +9

If that isn't the case, have you looked at the Logs in the /14 folder and the Event Viewer to see if anything there is interesting?

Jonathan Mast
    Senior SharePoint Consultant | SharePoint911: SharePoint Consulting
    Blog: www.jonathanpmast.com/blog
    Twitter: @jonathanpmast
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 2:06 AM