none
Search Service failed to start due to logon failure

Question

• Hey guys,

I have been fighting issues with SharePoint Search getting invalid uid and passwords when rebooting a server.

I have checked and the account I am using for SharePoint search has logon as service rights. I also tried updating the account password in SharePoint under managed accounts and that didnt make it happy either. I have checked in AD and the account is set to never expire password.

I can start the service manually by typing in the password in the windows service though.

The password also hasn't been changed for this account.

Thanks for any help that anyone can give on this, I have looked at other articles and I have tried all of the troubleshooting steps that I saw but unfortunately I am still faced with the same problem each time my Crawl or WFE Server is rebooted.

Bruce Jackson

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 8:56 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you checked the Search Service App Pool account in IIS?
    Thursday, March 07, 2013 3:46 AM
  • are you using default web service application pool for all services with different accounts? if yes then create new search service application with new application pool. otherwise create new service account in AD- first register it in Managed account and then go to CA- security- service account - select search service and provide new account. now restart  search service and then verify new account in windows services -sharepoint server search 14  and application pool account. 

JP

Thursday, March 07, 2013 6:09 AM
  • Robert,

I have checked the service service application pool in IIS and everything is running as normal.

Bruce Jackson

Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:48 PM
  • JP,

Is there not a way that I can keep the same active directory account? If i enter in the password for the windows service it starts up with no problem at all.

Bruce Jackson

Thursday, March 07, 2013 12:49 PM
  • of course, Yes you can keep same account and create new search service account. 

Thursday, March 07, 2013 10:15 PM