none
Could not find stored procedure 'sp_dboption' in SQL Server 2012 while configuring Sharepoint 2010?

Question

• Hello all,
    I couldn't find the store procedure sp_dboption within SQL Server 2012 .

while configuring the Reporting Services SharePoint Mode as a Single Server Farm 
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg492276.aspx#bkmk_install_SSRS_sharedservice

I got the error  as Could not find stored procedure'sp_dboption' in SQL Server 2012.?
    Does this issue will be solve if we install the SharePoint 2010 SP1 update or it is common issue.
    Hope to hear from the one who knows better .

Thanks,
    Anil Maharjan
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:29 PM

Answers

All replies

• This is solved by SP1, as SP1 for SharePoint 2010 adds SQL 2012 support.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2460045
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hh231680.aspx

Marek Chmel, WBI Systems (MCTS, MCITP, MCT, CCNA)
    Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

• Proposed as answer by Aviw_ Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:37 PM
    • Edited by Marek ChmelMVP Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:37 PM
    • Marked as answer by Rock Wang– MSFT Saturday, May 05, 2012 1:51 PM
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 12:36 PM
  • Hello Marek,

Does this SP1 needs to be install for Standalone mode too .I have install SharePoint 2010 Standalone mode and while Configuring Report Server Integration in SharePoint Central Administration .I got the error as above.
    Also ,while installing SharePoint 2010 SP1 the installation terminate in the middle ,I have tried 2 but it couldn't succeed the installation.
    Is there any thing i am missing.

Thanks,
    Anil Maharjan
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:44 PM
  • Well the SP1 installation is required in any case. You have to follow some sequence of steps when installing the SharePoint SP1 - first install SP1 for Foundation 2010, then SP 1 for any foundation language packs if any used, then the same for Server 2010.

Please Mark As Answer if my post solves your problem or Vote As Helpful if a post has been helpful for you.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 1:53 PM
  • Hello Marek,

Thanks for your response, well I have successfully installed SP1 but while configuring I got the issue as 

Error 

Login failed for user 'WORKGROUP\ServerName$'.

Troubleshoot issues with Microsoft SharePoint Foundation.

I am using user as admin which is local administrator so is that a problem or do we need to be a domain user? .I have just installed SQL server 2012 and SharePoint 2010 in Standalone mode within single windows 7 OS . So, how can we simply configuring the Reporting Services integrate SharePoint 2010 having standalone mode installed in windows7.

Hope to hear again.

Thanks,

Anil Maharjan

Thursday, April 26, 2012 1:17 PM
  • SQL and SharePoint are both running on the same server? If not, you shall use domain accounts and those machines should be domain members.

Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:23 PM
  • I have the same issue. We installed SQL 2012 and SP2010 SP1. But When trying to run the Report Server Configuration, couldn't change the Report Server Database mode from Native.. I don't see the option.

SQL and SP are running on the same server.

Also when trying to connect to the SSRS Integration from Central Admin, couldn't  connect to the Valid Source .. Error

Are we missing something here. Please help. 

Vijay Ramisetti

• Edited by VJ3459 Monday, April 30, 2012 9:20 PM
    Monday, April 30, 2012 9:19 PM
  • So what can we do for other software that have the same issue?

They've broken MonoX portal (which is closed source but free to use product) and possibly lots of other s/w with that change.

Can one create the missing stored procedure by hand? What code should they put in there?                                       

Microsoft MVP J# 2004-2010, Borland Spirit of Delphi 2001

Friday, June 01, 2012 4:40 PM
  • In SQL Server 2012 try:

ALTER DATABASE database_name
    SET MULTI_USER;
    GO

• Edited by toktc Monday, July 09, 2012 2:09 PM
    Monday, July 09, 2012 2:08 PM
  • After some research , I have found the option that : Books online says the recommended alternative is to use the ALTER DATABASE command.

The link below shows some helpful option and Replacement for system stored procedure sp_dboption in SQL Server 2012.

http://beyondrelational.com/modules/2/blogs/28/Posts/15429/replacement-for-system-stored-procedure-spdboption-in-sql-server-2012-denali.aspx?utm_source=brdigest&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dailydigest

Thanks,

Anil Maharjan

• Marked as answer by Anil Maharjan Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:05 AM
    Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:04 AM
  • Hi George,

do you have found any solution so far you can share?

unfortunately copy of the missing sp from SQL2008R and creation in sql2012 (master) database does not work. When you try to create you get this error:
    The specified schema name "sys" either does not exist or you do not have permission to use it.

I also feel that this missing sp will break/block migration to sql2012 for MANY existing applications!

Even the actual 2013 preview of MIcrosoft ACM Server seems to have problems while trying to create a database in a sql2012 instance *lol*

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:39 PM