none
Word Doc Saved as Web Page Displaying Blank Space & Vertical Scroll Bar on Web Part

Question

• I saved a word document as a web page (mht)  to be displayed on a Page Viewer Web Page.
    The problem is that even though I adjusted the size of the web part to contain the content of the document, a vertical scrolling bar is still displayed and a huge blank space is added to the bottom of the page.
    I tried to edit the page size itself in word as well as on the source code but cannot figure out what is making the "page" this size.  How can I get rid of the white space of the bottom and/or the scrolling vertical bar on the webpart? 
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 11:41 PM

Answers

•  

Hi zlboy,

Through your issue, I guess that may be caused by your word document which contains any extra carriage return symbols. You can clean up the extra carriage return symbols in the word document. And then re-save it as a web page (Mht).

Also you can use Notepad to open the generated .Mht file, add style = "overflow-y: hidden;" attribute to the Body Tag. Following is a sample:

The original code of body as follows:

<body lang=3DZH-CN link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'tab-interval:36.0pt'>

Changed to

<body lang=3DZH-CN link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple style=3D'overflow-y:hidden;tab-interval:36.0pt'>

Thanks,
    Lhan

Monday, February 20, 2012 9:10 AM