none
How to change the Application Pool Identity for SharePoint Central Administration to default

Question

• hello,

i have change the application pool of the central administration with a user name and a password using this: "stsadm-o updatefarmcredentials-userlogin domain\username-password password". now i want to change it back to predefined: Network Service.

if i change it by going to iis then application pool then propeties and change it to network service after a while it change back to the configurable with username and password

how can i change it back?

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:14 PM

Answers

• 1. Run wizard

2. On Page Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Application Settings click on Yes, I want to remove...

3 Complete a wizard.

4. If wizard did not remove CA Web Site from IIS remove it manually.

5. Run wizard again but in this time on page Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Application Settings click on Yes, I want to host...

6. Complete a wizard.

Oleg

• Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:46 PM

All replies

• You can remove Central Administration site by using SharePoint Configuration Wizard and add it againt. It will recreate site and reset all settings.

Oleg

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 10:38 PM
  • hmmm, just by run the wizard? i have already done that, no change
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:32 AM
  • 1. Run wizard

2. On Page Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Application Settings click on Yes, I want to remove...

3 Complete a wizard.

4. If wizard did not remove CA Web Site from IIS remove it manually.

5. Run wizard again but in this time on page Modify SharePoint Central Administration Web Application Settings click on Yes, I want to host...

6. Complete a wizard.

Oleg

• Marked as answer by Stanfford Liu Wednesday, July 21, 2010 8:40 AM
    Wednesday, July 14, 2010 2:46 PM