none
Missing Reports Center template

Question

• Hi, I have verified in CA that I have the Enterprise version of MOSS 2010 installed. However, I am missing the Reports Center template. I have tried uninstall/reinstall with no success. In the Services screen, I see that Excel Services is there and started. I need Reports Center to upload workbooks to. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 5:03 PM

Answers

• My apologies its time to step away from the computer grab a coffee I thought it was a 2007 question the location is now 14\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates\SPSREPORTCENTER

Business Intelligence Center. The Business Intelligence Center (a.k.a BI Center) is the enhanced version of the Report Center in MOSS 2007. The site template includes many of the BI capabilities that Microsoft has introduced in SharePoint Server 2010 all packaged into a single site. Although using Business Intelligence Center is not the only way to access SharePoint's BI features,this site template can provide a central location for teams and departments within your organization to store, retrieve, and modify shared reports, dashboards, Excel workbooks and etc.

Yes use the business Intelligence center....

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Friday, June 25, 2010 6:09 PM

All replies

• When create a New Site Do you have the Enterprise Tab? With document center, records center, personalization site, site dierctory, reports center, search center with tabs, and search center???

The Reports Center Template can be used from the command line stsadm –o createweb –url “http://TheURL/ReportsCenter” -sitetemplate SPSREPORTCENTER#0 –title “Reports Center”  And you can find the Site definition @ \12\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates\SPSREPORTCENTER.

However, please look under Page Layout and Site Template Settings and ensure that Subsites can use any site template... Also, under site collection features have you activated Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection Features...

-Ivan

Friday, June 25, 2010 5:30 PM
  • Thanks for the response. I do have the Enterprise tab with all of the templates except Report Center. I also verified that Subsites can use any template is selected and Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection Features is activated.

I'm just wondering if the Business Intelligence template has replaced the Reports Center template for MOSS 2010?

Friday, June 25, 2010 5:45 PM
  • My apologies its time to step away from the computer grab a coffee I thought it was a 2007 question the location is now 14\TEMPLATE\SiteTemplates\SPSREPORTCENTER

Business Intelligence Center. The Business Intelligence Center (a.k.a BI Center) is the enhanced version of the Report Center in MOSS 2007. The site template includes many of the BI capabilities that Microsoft has introduced in SharePoint Server 2010 all packaged into a single site. Although using Business Intelligence Center is not the only way to access SharePoint's BI features,this site template can provide a central location for teams and departments within your organization to store, retrieve, and modify shared reports, dashboards, Excel workbooks and etc.

Yes use the business Intelligence center....

-Ivan

Friday, June 25, 2010 6:09 PM
  • Great. Thanks very much, Ivan!
    Friday, June 25, 2010 6:12 PM
  • My pleasure, its part of being part of a community....

SharePoint Rocks!

-Ivan

Friday, June 25, 2010 7:22 PM
  • When I create a site, I have the "Enterprise" tab, but it contains only:

Document Center, Records Center, Personalization Site, Site Directory, Search Center with Tabs, Search Center

No sign of either "Report Center" or "Business Intelligence" or "BI".

I can't find "Subsites can use any template"  or "Office SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Collection Features ".  I wonder if that's because they're controlled by some administrator above me in the food chain? 

Thanks...

Peter Shank
    Friday, March 18, 2011 11:36 PM
  • Hi Peter,

It sounds like you are using SharePoint 2007 and Business Intelligence doesnt exist in SharePoint 2007 you will need to start Excel Services prior to being able to use Reporting Services... This forum is for SharePoint 2010

If you are using SharePoint 2010 you will need to Activate the Performance Point Site Collection Feature. However, If you are trying to create a Site Collection and Business Intelligence doesnt show up you should run the Farm Configuration Wizard to configure the additional Service Applications necessary..

If you have the Enterprise License you should see the following Templates from Central Administration: Documents Center, Records Center, Business Intelligence Center, Enterprise Search Center, My Site Host, Basic Search Center, and FAST Search Center

-Ivan

Wednesday, March 23, 2011 6:46 PM