none
WSS To MOSS Cutover

Question

• Hello,

Please I have setup a couple of sites for an environment. They use WSS 3.0 and I have been putting MOSS for them. Now I want to move them completely over to MOSS. I understand it is called cut-over. Please any useful information or advise along this line?

Sunday, August 22, 2010 4:43 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From start you should have your new setup reflect the already existing setup. If not then, send them new links and let them verify their contents and all (a lot of homework on your part though i.e backups, restores, re-attachings, solutions, etc). Do your DNS stuffs and on a weekend or a late night take the previous one down. There's a phase called UAT (User Acceptance Test) do that well, maybe a week or more of getting their feedbacks before the final move.

You've only got one life; help as many people as you can, and enjoy it while it lasts.
    • Marked as answer by Asebe Friday, August 27, 2010 7:20 PM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hi,

From start you should have your new setup reflect the already existing setup. If not then, send them new links and let them verify their contents and all (a lot of homework on your part though i.e backups, restores, re-attachings, solutions, etc). Do your DNS stuffs and on a weekend or a late night take the previous one down. There's a phase called UAT (User Acceptance Test) do that well, maybe a week or more of getting their feedbacks before the final move.

You've only got one life; help as many people as you can, and enjoy it while it lasts.
    • Marked as answer by Asebe Friday, August 27, 2010 7:20 PM
    Sunday, August 22, 2010 5:20 PM
  • Tyhanks. I was thinking there would be some technical stuffs...I know you are right because I looked around a bit too, but I just have this feeling like there's something more, i dnt know, maybe I am just anxious.Its my first. But any more inputs will be appreciated...I don't want things to go wrong, if you know what I mean. Thank u.
    Friday, August 27, 2010 7:20 PM