none
Approval workflow

Question

• Hi THere,

I have a requirement for creating a ticketing system/ change request system etc using sharepoint 2007. User-->approver-->IT(the user could be IT too) I know that i cna achieve this with the OTB workflow. In case the approver has questions then they should be able to forward the requestor requesting more information. Once they provide it then he/ she should be able to approve it.

During the entire process at every step there should be email communication. How can we achieve this?

Thanks,

Friday, March 02, 2012 9:43 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

I noticed that you are using SharePoint 2007 ,you should paste your question in pre-SharePoint forum next time : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint .

I understand that you want the approval to be able to request more information before they can complete the task .You can check the
    options ‘Request a change before completing the task ’ .In this way ,users can click the request change button to assign a task to initiator to provide more information .They can put the information in the comments column .After they complete the request ,a new task will be automatically created for the approvers .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 8:52 AM

All replies

• This is out of box functionality. First you need to set up approval workflow. Approval workflow can be set up either for an individual library/list or for a content type. Once you set up this workflow, you need to start it on a particular item. Once the workflow is started, the originator will get an email that workflow has been started, all steps in the workflow, and when it is completed.
    • Proposed as answer by Sjoukje Zaal Saturday, March 03, 2012 7:00 AM
    Friday, March 02, 2012 10:07 PM
  • Hi Zaal,

Thanks for your response! I tried the OTB approval workflow, but the problem with that is when the approver has questions/ clarifications, he/she needs to forward to the requester back asking for clarifications. This should also be part of the workflow. There is only approve/ reject buttons. I do see a link called re-assign task, but when I tried testing with trying to forward to the requestor using "reassign task" link, they did receive it, but the user could not edit and resend it back to the approver. It didnot allow to edit the task and secondly it didnot have a option forward. It also needs to be more user-friendly. when the link says re-assign task not many people might know to use that in case of forward back and forth. This is for the entire company to be able to place requests. Please suggest!

Regards

Sham

Monday, March 05, 2012 3:30 PM
  • Hi ,

I noticed that you are using SharePoint 2007 ,you should paste your question in pre-SharePoint forum next time : http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/category/sharepoint .

I understand that you want the approval to be able to request more information before they can complete the task .You can check the
    options ‘Request a change before completing the task ’ .In this way ,users can click the request change button to assign a task to initiator to provide more information .They can put the information in the comments column .After they complete the request ,a new task will be automatically created for the approvers .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 8:52 AM