none
How to change the chronological order of blog commets

Question

• Hi,

We have a requirement where we have to show blog comments in reverse chronological order than what SP2010 OOTB provides. Is there a way to do so.This is urgent as we have a demo to our customer this friday.

Regards,

Resolutes

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 10:22 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, go to the Comments List, create a New View, MySummaryView, based on All Comments View Add Title with Link, Body, Created By, Created and remove any additional columns else, go to style and choose newsletter, Click OK

Click on Comments, Edit page, Edit WebPart Choose MySummaryView, Click Ok.

Have fun... But I have a question??? You have a client demo and you dont know how to create views of lists? please let me know how I can help so you are a huge success...

-Ivan

Ivan Sanders My LinkedIn Profile, My Blog, @iasanders.
    Wednesday, November 03, 2010 3:03 AM
  • Hi Ivan,

Sorry my fault in putting an incomplete question . So the scenario is, we have developed a solution for our client , where we have put comments on articles pages(Not Blog) using OOTB blog commenting solution . Now it's basically a xsltlistview webpart with BaseViewid 0 , because it's giving us a cleaner way to show comments . So my question should be :- Is there a way to change the sort order of this Base View. I hope I put it in a right way this time.

Regards,

Resolutes

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 7:54 AM
  • Hi,

I'm also having the same requirement to sort comments in blog posts in Chronological order (Newest first). I tried changing the view sorting and make it default for that list view webpart but then It broke the connection with blog posts. Now I'm seeing all comments from all blog posts in every post.

Is there any way to fix it to default view (I unable to figure it out which that it is) and it's connection to blog posts ? And then way to sort the posts comments in chronological order ???

I'm stuck and please help.

Thanks in advance.

• Edited by Taps Shah Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:44 PM forgot to ask original question.
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 8:43 PM