none
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException Additional Exception information profile name is not valid

Question

• Hi I tried to install share point office server trial version on my VM Ware 32 bit windows server 2008 with SQL Server 2012 as database when I tired to configure or to create a new data base the following error occured.

SP_dboption cannot be found

System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException Additional Exception information profile name is not valid

My questions

1)I didnt installed SQL server reporting services on share point integrated mode?

2)I used sql server user who has windows authentication user do i need to create a new user with sql authentication or mixed mode,But The database is being created on my database with the name sharepoint config so i think login ID is working the permissions for the user are DB_Creator, DB_SecurityAdmin

3)install share point 2007 sp1,sp2 & sp3 even though the error keep coming.

4)For share point server 2010 the method to fix the error would be to install Share point SP1

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/manisblog/archive/2012/03/06/quick-tip-installing-sharepoint-farm-with-sql-server-2012.aspx

5)How to fix the error for share point server 2007 ? Installed SP1,SP2 & SP3 but the error keep coming.

6)There is no proper documentation for sharepoint server 2007

I spent around 7 hours yesterday after work I was trying this upto 3 o clock in the morning I dont want to give up I will keep trying I need sugestions from senior developers please.

I am a BI Developer I am trying to learn Share point BI applications I tried to install share point 2010 but it only supports 64 bit os but i cant run 64 bit windows server 2008 on my VM because my Processor doesnt supports it only way to do it is 32 bit sharepoint 2007 there is no 32 bit share point 2010 of my knowledge.

Help me come out of this.

Sri.Tummala

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 8:42 AM

Answers

• Marking this as answer you cannot install share point 2007 on sql server 2012 only way is to install it on sql server 2008 r2

Sri.Tummala

• Marked as answer by kali786 Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:43 AM
    Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:43 AM

All replies