none
Error Opening Permissions Page of a Document Set

Question

• I have a library full of document sets and on some of them I can not open the Permissions (User.aspx) page. I get a error in the ULS of: 

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.   at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.CBaseAclPage.ParseAclObj(String str)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.CBaseAclPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any idea whats causing this or how to correct it? I've tried all admin accounts possible.

Monday, September 26, 2011 6:28 PM

All replies

• Restart your IIS

Aryan Nava | Twitter: @cloudtxt | Blog: http://virtualizesharepoint.com
    Please click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties.

Monday, September 26, 2011 7:14 PM
  • iisreset had no effect on the error.
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:16 PM
  • We are having the exact same error:

System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.  
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.CBaseAclPage.ParseAclObj(String str)   
    at Microsoft.SharePoint.ApplicationPages.CBaseAclPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e)   
    at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()   
    at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

We get this error when we try to view document set permissions.

We ran iisreset, cleared the caches (object and config), rebooted whole farm. Still having the issue only on one site collection.
    The rest of farm is not impacted and works.

I read that deleting the site collection and re-doing it fixes this error. But in our case, we cannot delete it.
    Has anyone found a fix for this issues?

Thank you,

Erik

Friday, November 22, 2013 5:46 PM