none
Copying a globally reusable workflow in SP Designer loses form task fields and infopath rules

Question

• Hi

In SP Designer, I copied a globally reusable workflow in order to make it only reusable (not global) so I can save it as a template
    solution .wsp to move it to another farm
    The problem is that the copied workflow (before i save it as a template) has lost the task fom fields and the task form infopath rules. Is there a way not to lose these fields and rules ?

Thanks

Thursday, May 17, 2012 3:55 PM

All replies

• Hi Mihnea,

We need to Publish the form, then the template/.wsp file we saved is the latest reusable workflow with customized. Otherwise it is the workflow with latest published version been saved.

This is because that task form fields only been generated to workflow definition files and InfoPath form fields when we publishing a workflow. Without publishing, these definition files have not changed yes, so it is still the previews workflow been saved.

Thanks & Regards,
    Emir

Emir Liu

TechNet Community Support

Friday, May 18, 2012 11:54 AM
  • Hi Emir,

I've tried to publish the workflow and the form before saving the template, but it didn't work. The problem is not when I save the workflow as a template. The problem is when I do "copy and modify" of the globaly reusable workflow to make a "reusable only" workflow. It's after the copy and modify command that the rules of the infopath form are lost. I re-published the "reusable only" workflow, but stîll,  task form fileds and rules dessapeared. Can you please put the steps to follow in ordrer to achieve the folowing :

1. WorkflowA is globally reusable and works well

2. Make a copy of WorflowA called WorkflowACopy,(which is not global) THAT HAS SAME taks form field and rules as the ones from WorlflowA.

I need a  "not global " copy of the workflow so I can save it as a template to move it to another farm (SP Designer cannot save as a template a workflow wich is globally reusabe)

Thanks.

Friday, May 18, 2012 6:42 PM
  • Hello Mihnea!

Have you fixed this issue? I have the same problem and can't fix it for several days.

Best regards

• Edited by MikhailSP Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:57 PM
    Saturday, July 21, 2012 11:56 PM
  • Thanks to Gennady Vanin, who helped me to find a solution.

To reconnect InfoPath form we can use the next approach:

1. Export source files of the form.
    Open form in InfoPath designer. And because we can't republish it to the different place using wizard (its type is a Workflow form), we should Export source files (from the menu File\Publish) to some folder. 
    After this step we received a set of files, one of which is "manifest.xsf".

2. Close InfoPath designer.

3. Correct URLs in manifest.xsf
    Open "manifest.xsf" in a text editor. Find all URL related to the first site collection and replace it with new URLs linked to new site collection. Save the file.
    Hint: If you don't know the URL to publish in new site collection, you can open autogenerated form from it in the same manner (look at URLs in its manifest.xsf).

4. Publish changed form.
    Open InfoPath designer, open corrected manifest.xsf in it and publish it (by pressing the publish button for example).

5. Hurray! The form is deployed to the new place!

You should repeat this steps for all custom InfoPath task forms in your workflow.

If anybody needs more detailed description, I could add screenshots.
    • Proposed as answer by MikhailSP Sunday, July 22, 2012 8:17 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by MikhailSP Tuesday, July 24, 2012 7:21 AM
    Sunday, July 22, 2012 8:17 PM