none
Picture Placeholder showing up rather than the picture.

Question

• For example, I create a new site, navigate to people and groups, add some users to one of the groups, then go and view that group, instead of seeing those user's images from their mySites, I see a picture placeholder.  I can navigate from there to that site and see their picture.

Any ideas?  The pictures are public, etc.

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 3:02 PM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

When you say "these pictures are public" what does that mean?  Are you absolutely certain you have access to the images?  Where are the images stored?

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 4:08 PM
  • Howdy!

Same issue - almost. Actually, I do not know how to insert a picture into the picture placeholders which appear in various user lists. And searching for "picture placeholder" in (?) yields no result!

How do you insert a picture?

thanks
    Saturday, February 21, 2009 11:17 AM
  • I have a simular problem.  The user has a picture in their personal mysites profile but the image in not populating to the people and groups.  Instead its the default placeholder.  But I also get the Unexpected Error when I try to remove an uploaded picture in a users mysites.  I can read add the picture without error.  The uls logs did not provide any helpful info on the error.

any ideas how to make sure the configuration is correct in mysites? I can upload documents just fine.  Everything seems to work except this.

-thanks

scott
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 10:43 PM
  • Hi Scott,

When you go to People and Group, on the the Placeholder, Do right click Properties, Check the URL of the image and compare it with the actual Profile picture from the users mysite. They should be some, sometimes it happens that it doesn't update properly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks & Regards Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 20, 2011 11:01 PM
  • There's one of two things need to happen to get the picture from their My Site to display in your other site collections.

The site collections maintain a local copy of the user profile, and there's timer jobs to sync these with the profile service (called "Profile Synchronization" and "Quick Profile Synchronization "). Make sure these jobs are running and completing successfully for the site collections involved.

For the picture to appear in search results the search crawler needs to crawl the My Sites to gather the picture's URL. Make sure that one of your content source contains something like "sps3://mysite/" and manually kick off a full crawl to make sure it has run successfully.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011 11:01 AM
  • Thanks for reply...

Placeholder image on people and groups

http://intranet/_Layouts/listform.aspx?PageType=4&ListId={A8EE884B-232D-4E01-8B47-B1A84367F1BC}&ID=1176

the mysites image is working but is not clickable under My Profile.

Under My Content, it does shoe a clickable thumbnail but the URL is:

http://mysite/personal/adaccount/

Not sure how to confirm your suggestion.

scott
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:04 PM
  • These two timer jobs seem to be running fine but im not positive they are the same you are refering to.

User Profile Service - System Job to Manage User Profile Synchronization
    User Profile Service - User Profile to SharePoint Quick Synchronization

Do you recongize them?

-scott

scott
    Wednesday, September 21, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Hi Mark,

I also went through the same problem.

Below is the solution for this:

For the proper sync for user information the content DB should be in online state.

I know this might seems to be a akward reply but this worked for me.

The site where u are trying to add the user , content DB of that site should be online + the content Db of the mysite also.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 2:00 PM