none
WSS 3.0 Problems

Question

• I'm running my WSS site on a Server 2003 basic machine which is a back up domain controller.  This is a single server deployment.  Everything was fine until the last couple months when these errors started up:

Event 3351 - SQL database login failed. Additional error information from SQL Server is included below.

Login failed for user 'DOMAIN\username'.

Event 18056 - The description for Event ID ( 18056 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: 52.

Event 18456 - The description for Event ID ( 18456 ) in Source ( MSSQL$MICROSOFT##SSEE ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: DOMAIN\username,  [CLIENT: <named pipe>].

Event 2424 - The update cannot be started because the content sources cannot be accessed. Fix the errors and try the update again.

Context: Application 'Search', Catalog 'index file on the search server Search'

User receives the following error within the browser on occassion and consistent with the event viewer:

Operation Aborted (Exception from HRESULT: 0X80004004 (E_ABORT))

I've working with MS for over a week and the WSS team has exhausted their attempts to fix it.  They referred me to SQL support and they must only have two guys working in there because I haven't gotten a call from them in two days.  Not sure how to fix this.......we've ensured that account we're using for service has all permissions we can give it and it is listed in the management studio as a DB owner. 

Thanks, hope someone may have some fresh ideas on this.

Friday, November 02, 2007 1:06 AM

All replies

• I have had a similar set of events show up for WSS3 and SQL Express.

Any resolutions out there?

Sunday, November 11, 2007 9:02 PM
  •  

i have the same problem. What is wrong? Are there any solution?
    Wednesday, November 14, 2007 4:32 PM
  • I have the same error 3351, but every thing seems to work fine. Not sure how to fix this, I also have a Microsoft ticket open but I think WSS is treated like a red headed step child or something, because the support is really bad. I have this ticket open for a month now, and no answers.
    Tuesday, December 11, 2007 6:56 PM
  •  

Hi Everyone,

I had the same problem too. What I did to resolve the issue was the following.

- Login to Sql server

- Under Security > Logins add the user

- Assign the user sysadmin and click ok

Once I did this the problem was resolved.

Cheers

Erkan 

Monday, December 31, 2007 4:04 PM