none
Hit highlight / Dynamic Summary settings in a managed property?

Question

• Hi all,

Back in FS4SP, In order to highlight a query word in a specific managed property you had to set the summary type to "dynamic summary" and then you'd see the <c0>...</c0> tags at the result set.

How can that be done in 2013?

Can't seem to find this, neither in the managed property's attributes nor on any documentation.

Thanks,

Amir

Monday, December 31, 2012 6:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Amir, 

please have a look at this post regarding Hit Highlighted properties configuration on search results web part. You can configure hit highlighting in REST calls as well. Please refer to this tool for examples. 

I believe not all properties can be highlighted, and since there is no explicit setting for that I assume it should be "Retrievable", didn't check it myself though, it's just a guess.

Monday, December 31, 2012 11:56 AM
  • It seems like you're correct, as always :)

It does appear other the HitHighlightedProperties, but it acts differently than in FS4SP, it doesn't create a dynamic teaser.

I'll then rephrase my question:

How do I create a dynamic TEASER on a different managed property other then body?

There's HitHighlightedSummary, but I don't know how can I set it to do a summary from another managed property.

Amir

Monday, December 31, 2012 12:15 PM
  • My guess is that HitHighlightedSummary is auto filled for properties which are included into full text index ("Searchable" is checked, recrawl is required). Will check it in a couple of days after holidays.

Isn't it a continuation of "no index" removal thread?

Monday, December 31, 2012 2:28 PM
  • Hi Alexey,

I unmarked Searchable for body managed property, but that did not change anything. Maybe because its a special property, maybe not.

It's not continuation of the "no index" removal thread.

Thank you and happy holidays!

Amir

Monday, December 31, 2012 2:44 PM