none
difference between sharepoint 2010 standard and enterprise

Question

• hi,

can any one tell me what ia difference between sharepoint 2010 standard and enterprise ?

i have standard  edition , do i going to compramise with same of features of sharepoint which r important for idea sharepoint development ?

and which are they ?

Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:40 AM

Answers

All replies

• hi,

can any one tell me what ia difference between sharepoint 2010 standard and enterprise ?

i have standard  edition , do i going to compramise with same of features of sharepoint which r important for idea sharepoint development ?

and which are they ?

• Merged by Clayton Cobb Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:56 AM Same thread posted in two forums
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 5:52 AM
  • Check the following link for SharePoint 2010 edition comparisons,

http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/Pages/Editions-Comparison.aspx

Regards,
    Shantha Kumar .T | MCPD - SharePoint Developer 2010 | MCITP - SharePoint Administrator 2010 |
    (B) Shantha Kumar's Blog | (T)Follow me | (C) IOTAP
    • Marked as answer by Clayton Cobb Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:31 PM
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 11:49 AM
  • See this page for an edition comparison.  The main features would be PerformancePoint, Access Services, Excel Services, and InfoPath Form Services.

http://sharepoint.microsoft.com/en-us/buy/Pages/Editions-Comparison.aspx

Thanks,

Corey

Corey Roth blog: www.dotnetmafia.com twitter: @coreyroth
    Thursday, January 27, 2011 3:19 PM
  • what do you prefer to me and why ?
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:41 AM
  • thanks corey,

see i am a learner today i am not facing probles with small development but

in future development i will need better version of sharepoint 2010, so do

you prefer me enterprise edition of sharepoint 2010

Saturday, January 29, 2011 11:00 AM
  • I just gave the link for comparison of features between Standard and Enterprise editions. We can develop the Customizations on SharePoit 2010 standard edition.

But SharePoint standard edition misses the Access Services, BDC, Excel Services, Visio Services, Dashboard, Performance Point Services, Enhanced Search etc... In future, you have any idea on using these features on your enviornment. You can better upgrade to enterprise edition. Or, if you need these services in future, you can also upgrade to Enterprise edition in future also, just entering the Enterprise key on Central Administration.

Regards,
    Shantha Kumar .T | MCPD - SharePoint Developer 2010 | MCITP - SharePoint Administrator 2010 |
    (B) Shantha Kumar's Blog | (T)Follow me | (C) IOTAP
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:59 PM
  • Shantha gave the answer to your question.  You asked for the differences, but you could have easily searched for them.  Anything beyond the differences depends on what you plan to do.  There are tons of things in Enterprise that you can do that aren't in Standard, so it's up to you to read the differences and decide.  We can't recommend anything without knowing your situation.  Enterprise obviously has a lot more capabilities, but it also costs more - that's the whole point.  Is it worth the extra cost for you to get the extra features?
    SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Saturday, January 29, 2011 10:32 PM
  • Do not post the same thread in two forums - that makes no sense and just wastes our time.

No one can suggest the version to you without you telling us what you have to do.  Enterprise costs a lot more than Standard, so it all depends on your requirements.  Of course, if costs is not an issue, then you should always use Enterprise, but I doubt that's the case.

SharePoint Architect || Microsoft MVP || My Blog
    Planet Technologies || SharePoint Task Force
    Sunday, January 30, 2011 12:57 AM