none
How to filter a Dataform webaprt by CurrentTime, but not CurrentDate

Question

• I have been trying to figure out this problem for a couple of days cuz I am quite new for SharePoint.

Okay, the problem I face now is:

We are using Sharepoint 2007 for our intranet, on the homepage, we have a Dataform webpart which connects to an IT outages data source/list.

In the IT outage data source, there are several columns, two of them are Start date and End date, they are both DateTime format.

Now, the Dataform webpart has been setup as filtered by End date >=[CurrentDate]. The ParameterBinding for [CurrentDate] is:

<ParameterBinding Name="Today" Location="CAMLVariable" DefaultValue="CurrentDate"/>

For example, if there is an IT outage with End date: 2012-3-27 3:00pm, this outage will not disappear until 2012-3-28 00:00. But what I would like to achieve is when time past 2012-3-27 3:00pm, this outage would disappear from the Dataform webpart.

I don't know how to add "Now" as a CAMLVariable parameter that I think it should be the right path to solve the problem.

So, can someone help me to figure out how to add a parameter like "Now", but not "Today". Hopefully it makes sense.

Much appreciated!!!

Sarah

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:50 AM

Answers