none
Copy and paste for images in SharePoint

Question

• I am developing a sharepoint helpdesk from scratch and wish to be able to paste an image into the main details section of the forms. User to simply add a screenshot of a problem.

I am aware however that the default rich text box does not support this feature directly. Is anyone able to give me some ideas of any possible workarounds I could use to implement a better method of adding images than is currently available (given that the source image will come from the clipboard). I need image and Text can be taken by rich text box, like High level editors word pad, ms word

Thursday, December 16, 2010 6:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• I think I found the solution for your problem.

1. You can create a custom content type "New Issue".

2. Create content type as, 

Parent Content Type: 

Select parent content type from:
     Document Content Types 

Parent Content Type:
     Picture

Description:
    Upload an image or a photograph. 

3. Try creating a column say, Problem Description of Multiple Lines of Text -- Enhanced Rich Text (add to the content type - column).

4. When a user clicks on New Issue, just like New Item in a list, he can upload the image and write description.

Hope this helps, let me know if you find any issues. Please confirm it as Answer if it works for you.

Thanks,
    Chinna.

Thursday, December 16, 2010 8:49 PM
  • Telerik RadEditor supports this functionality http://www.telerik.com/products/aspnet-ajax/editor.aspx. But this library is not free.

Oleg
    • Marked as answer by KeFang Chen Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:23 AM
    Thursday, December 16, 2010 9:00 PM