none
Navigation setup page

Question

• I am using the 2007 Sharepoint, I face a problem when trying to modify, or customize, the navigation bar and the quick launch.
    When I select the navigation from the Site Setup, I get a page that allow users to customize the navigation. However, when I try to add a link or a heading in the navigation list I get no response. I mean I get to add the link information, but when pressing OK nothing is added!

Regards.
    Sunday, February 11, 2007 11:05 AM

All replies

• hi Lexer,

So your adding a link and nothing shows up when you press ok.   Lets forget the heading for now... add www.microsoft.com/sharepoint  as a link to the global navigation  and call it MS Sharepoint   click ok.... you dont see anything when you refresh the page?

Im trying to determine your issue as I can do this all day long and add links with no issue.  If this doesnt work let me know and we can dive deeper.  Thanks.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:15 PM
  • I too am having this problem. I have several portals setup, some of which work correctly when adding or hiding items in global navigation, and some which don't. The two that don't work were both setup initially with the Report Center template. Is there something special about the Report Center template that would affect the global navigation options?

The exact behavior is to go to the Site Navigation Settings page. It doesn't seem to matter what is checked for the Subsites and Pages or Sorting. Under Global Navigation if I add a heading and click OK there are no errors but the page does not add either and going back to the Site Navigation Settings page, it's like nothing at all happened. This is the same if there is an existing page and I want to make it hidden. I can hide the page successfully if it appears under Current Navigation, and appears like it works under Global Navigation until you click OK, then it just reverts to the way it was. There are no database errors, no application log errors, no error from SharePoint. It just appears to do nothing.

Friday, June 01, 2007 8:40 PM