none
Performancepoint + autorefreshing dashboard + SSRS reports + Drillthrough actions

Question

• Hi all, quick question.

I have SSRS report with a number of subreports running as a dashboard in SSRS native mode. It's not as reliable as I'd like and I'm thinking setting up dashboards in performance point to do the same thing but hopefully with more reliability. But before I provision the servers I need to test it out I'd like to know whether it's even possible

Does sharepoint + performancepoint dashboards support the following scenario? if so, which version(s) would I need?

An autorefreshing dashboard separated into 3 areas. OLTP reports from reporting services in each third

A data driven 'area' parameter from an oltp database (stored proc on sql server r2) at the dashboard level. The selected parameter is passed into each of the 3 reports

I have a 'go to report' action defined in one of the reports that goes to 4th drill through report

If i set this up in sharepoint+performancepoint what would happen when I clicked the textbox that has the action defined on it? Would only the third holding the report drill through, or would the entire page drill through?

Would the drill through report keep autorefreshing?

Friday, February 24, 2012 12:42 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Thank you for your question.

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue.

Thanks,
    Rock Wang

Rock Wang TechNet Community Support

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:52 AM
  • Hi Rock,

Any updates?

I'm still interested in what the behaviour would be in the scenarios i described, but it won't really help me because I've been informed by the infrastructure team here that the sharepoint installations are only in a pilot stage at the moment and not available for 'business users' like me
    Sunday, March 04, 2012 11:03 PM