none
Page sticks on loading when you click Publish tab and edit page option is not working.

Question

• Hi All,

I have 2010 SharePoint branded site. The site has 3 subsites, and all use different page layouts. I am experiencing an error on subsites when I try to click on publish option on the ribbon. The page displays "loading..." and it never stops loading, and at the bottom of the page on my IE it says "Error on page". Another thing is my edit option is not responding when I click on it but the funny thing is when I click on site actions -> edit page , it works just fine and I can publish it from that angel.

The other thing is, even if I can set all pages to use the same page layout as the top level site I still experience the same problem.

How do I tackle this?

Kind Regards,

Sepaka

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:30 AM

Answers

• It should be on the page layout only. Are you sure that your top level site using the same page layout?

Check your code and make sure all the tags closed correctly and no undefined elements.

Kathir

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:44 PM

All replies

• I doubt you have some script errors in the Page Layouts. Enable the "Display a notification about every script error" in IE and make sure you don't have any script errors in the page layouts.

Because of the script errors the Publish event is not firing.

Kathir

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 8:47 AM
  • Thanks for your reply Karurkathir.

I have just enabled the option and indeed it shows me an error " 'undefined' is null or not an object", but my top level site page layout doesn't show any error message. It only shows it when I apply the very same page layout on my subsites, it throws an error which I find more difficult to difficult to understand if it is related to my master page or page layouts.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:21 AM
  • It should be on the page layout only. Are you sure that your top level site using the same page layout?

Check your code and make sure all the tags closed correctly and no undefined elements.

Kathir

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:44 PM