none
Upload Multiple Documents Greyed Out

Question

• Hi,

I know that this seems to have been asked quite a lot but I have exhausted the resolutions that were provided in previous threads and not getting anywhere.

For starters, it's definitely just on one machine that this is happening. It says that the Feature is currently disabled. When I investigated initially, there was an issue with List Threshold which I got around.

So we upgraded her IE Explorer to IE8 and also downloaded all Windows Updates. She is running Windows XP, Office 2010.

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 3:37 PM

Answers

• Yep, after running windows updates, it seems to be working. Although she is still getting an error message. At least We got her that far!. Thanks
    • Marked as answer by SoapyJ Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:23 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:23 PM

All replies

• A typical workaround is to click on the "Open in Windows Explorer" option in the ribbon, once this succeeds, you are able to drag multiple files directly into this document library.

I hope this helps,
    Kindest regards,

Yuri Lausberg, MCP, MCAD, MCSD, MCTS, MCPD
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 5:16 PM
  • The only time I ever see this is when a machine does not have the ActiveX controls enabled/allowed in the Internet Explorer options.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 6:26 PM
  • Yep, after running windows updates, it seems to be working. Although she is still getting an error message. At least We got her that far!. Thanks
    • Marked as answer by SoapyJ Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:23 PM
    Thursday, December 15, 2011 12:23 PM
  • These responses are good, but how can this easily be fixed when you work an an enterprise and these settings are locked down.  What is the overall solution to the problem?

I do like the windows explore soluion.

Is it that the end-users have to wait until they are upgraded to Windows 7 or above?  Or does the MS Office product need to be upgraded.  What is the exact combination of getting the Upload Multiple Documents working?

Moojjoo MCP, MCTS
    MCP Virtual Business Card
    http://www.mmebs.com

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 3:59 PM