none
Datasheet View Disabled

Question

• Hello,

I have a problem with the datasheet view.

First - the datasheet view works fine while the list inherits permissions and I put the user to the member group.

Now (after I removed the user from the member group) I break the list permission and give the user contribute rights direct to the list.

The datasheet view button is now disabled. Is this normal? Can I activate the datasheet view for this user?

contribute role has: add, edit,  delete, view, open, show version, delete version, alerts, show froms and views and some more

If the default view is a datasheet view the user can open the list over the url. After he changed to normal view the datasheet button is disabled.

Any hints?

Monday, February 27, 2012 5:31 PM

Answers

• This list is somehow inherited permissions from the site. That is why this happens. You need to review and set up permissions correctly.
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:54 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:58 PM

All replies

• Just curious, is it disabled or does it look disabled? I found myself in front of a greyed out ribbon once, but that was completely functional.

Benjamin Niaulin Blog: http://bniaulin.wordpress.com

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:19 PM
  • What happens when this user logs into this site? Can he/she see this list at all? Also, it sounds like other users should not see this list. Have you verified this?

I think you first need to verify who has access to this list in whatever view. If that all works fine, then you can check views. If the datasheet view does not show up, you can create a new datasheet view for this user only. Go to views, "create a view".

Monday, February 27, 2012 7:35 PM
  • Just for testing purposes if you give that user full control, does he still able to access the datasheet view.

Which browser is the user trying to access the datasheet view.

Varun Malhotra
    =================
    If my post solves your problem could you mark the post as Answered or Vote As Helpful if my post has been helpful for you.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:33 AM
  • Hello together,

the datasheet icon is greyed and disabled. The user can see and create items in the list.

If the user get Full Control the icon is greyed and disabled too.

The user don´t have any permission on the sitecollection / site. He have to go direkt to the list over url. He see the list in the left navigation.

The user can change to an other view (also a datasheet view - so this could be a workaround) over navigation bar but the icon is greyed and disabled.

Browser is IE 8 - 32 bit.

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 9:03 AM
  • This list is somehow inherited permissions from the site. That is why this happens. You need to review and set up permissions correctly.
    • Marked as answer by Pengyu Zhao Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:54 AM
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 7:58 PM