none
Storage Space Allocating incorrectly

Question

• A doc library that I'm working with seems to trigger the storage space to be allocated incorrectly.  I was creating a doc library with multiple custom fields.  I created what I believed to be the 11th date/time field (including modified and created) and all of a sudden when I'd upload a doc (11 MB) the storage space would allocate an additional 11 MB for 22 MB total.  When I deleted the doc from the recycle bin the 11 MB would disappear, but the fictitious (I'm calling it fictitious) space would remain allocated.  Only a reset of the internal utility will remedy the situation at this point.  However, I can't tell my users that you only get 8 date/time fields in a doc library.....  When I create an additional single line of text field or any other kind of field other than date/time there is no such behavior from the library.  Initially this library, when previously created had approximately 31 date/time fields and would allocate 44 MB when I uploaded this 11 MB doc.  When I would delete the doc the 11 MB  would disappear, but the 33 (fictitious) MB would remain.  Has anybody seen this?  Nobody in my organization seems to have anything but a band-aid solution of submitting tickets to re-calculate the storage allocation every few days.
    Tuesday, June 19, 2012 5:13 PM

All replies