none
Central Admin page missing Central administration links.

Question

• Hi All,

Having a problem with a test SharePoint 2010 environment, I have been testing how to restore a 2007 SP site to a 2010 environment and after restoring a database to a test site in a new web application and running the upgrade-spcontentdatabase command I seem to have lost the front page central adminstration links (the links that link you to the various admin pages such as the web application list etc)

I have tried deactivating the central administration links feature using SharePoint Manager 2010 and reactivating it but to no avail.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to restore the links?

TIA,

Luke

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

So when you try to go to the home page of Central Admin, the page shows as completely blank? How about individual pages of Central Admin? For example for seeing all wepapplications of Centra Admin, you will browse to:

http://infrasp03:8888/_admin/WebApplicationList.aspx

or for seeing solutions deployed to the farm, you will use

http://infrasp03:8888/_admin/soluions.aspx

Do they come up?

Thanks, Soumya | MCITP, SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 2:41 PM
  • Hi Soumya,

The page isn't completely blank, it still has the site actions, browse and page menu across the top and the resources web part, it is just completely missing the Links to teh admin pages.

The strange thing is I can access all those site using the URLs (I.E /_admin/WebApplicationList.aspx) and they work as before. Just that the links to these pages are missing.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:07 PM
  • Hi,

Really strange! Also why did you have to run update-spcontentdatabase instead of Mount-SPContentDatabase for the migration? Did you face any road block at the first attempt? But I am surprised that it will impact Central Admin landing page?

Is this production? If not please run SharePoint Product Configuration Wizard once and make sure it runs sucessfully. Then check Central Admin one more time. Even if this is production, please plan running SharePoint Product Configuration Wizard after hours and see if that helps.

Thanks, Soumya | MCITP, SharePoint 2010

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 3:52 PM
  • Hi,

Not especially, I just tried to upgrade it before hand. Is mounting it more effective?

The server isn't production and I have just ran Product Config but this hasn't seemed to have changed the issue.

• Edited by Luke Costin Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:50 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 2:47 PM