none
How to modify the Recurrence, Weekday Pattern?

Question

• I'm trying to create event for every 5th and 15th business day of the month on a SharePoint 2010 calendar.  Currently, the default pattern is "first, second, third, fourth and last" weekday. See attached pattern.

How do i modify the Recurrence pattern?

I have SharePoint Foundation and SharePoint Designer 2010.  if this done through code, please explain code.  I'm not a programmer.

'thank you

Thursday, March 01, 2012 4:20 PM

All replies

• Well, I think "weekday" is different from "business day". In general, business day refers to any day in which normal business is conducted.Generally speaking, this is considered to be Monday through Friday and excludes weekends and public holidays. so we don't have a "business day" option in SharePoint.

I thought doing it through code will be unnecessarily complex, I would recommend your doing whatever the OOTB can do.

Thursday, March 01, 2012 6:14 PM
  • Pick the Radio Button above for "Day" , set it to "5" then save. Create the same event and set it to "15".

<Derek>

Friday, March 02, 2012 6:53 PM
  • Sorry, how to modify it the recurrence pattern for "Weekday"?  Currently, the calendar lists "first, second, third, fourth and last" weekday.

How do i modify to include the 15th or 20th weekday?

Monday, March 05, 2012 6:50 PM
  • Hi ,

If I understand correctly ,you want to set the event to start every 15<sup>th</sup> of a month ?If so ,you can use the Day 15 of every month(s) just above the first , second, third, fourth ,last  .You can also change the ‘day’ behind the ‘first ,second ’ to weekday and weekends and from
    Monday to Friday  .In this way ,you can make the events happen on every fourth Friday  of a month .

Thanks

Entan Ming

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 10:17 AM
  • I'm trying to modify create event to start 15th Weekday/business day (M-W) of the month.  Not 15th Day.

Example:  Invoices are to be created the 15th business day for month.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 3:29 PM