none
Getting error " Server error: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=177673 "

Question

• Hi,

Recently I have migrated my SharePoint 2007 environment to SharePoint 2010. But after complete database migration, I am getting following error message

Server error: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkID=177673

Any clues how to resolve this issue ?

Thanks

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 4:49 AM

Answers

• Hi,

1. Install SharePoint 2010 RTM without SP1.
    2. If PSConfig wizard failed after installing SharePoint 2010 with error GUID ED21638F-97FF-4A65-AD9B-6889B93065E2, you can add it at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0\WSS\InstalledProducts
    3. If PSConfig wizard failed with error message "Failed to register SharePoint services", you can remove entry "KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0\WSS\Services\Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.DiagnosticsService".
    4. After PSConfig wizard completed successfully, if SharePoint Central Admin site have mixed look and feel of SharePoint 2007 and 2010, please install SharePoint 2010 SP1 and running PSConfig wizard.
    5. Content database WSS_Content was upgraded to SharePoint 2010.

Regards,

Seven

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:50 AM

All replies

• Hi Muhammad,

It seems that the error stems from the database being the wrong 'version'. Try to run this command

"C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\14" stsadm –o upgrade –inplace –url  central admin URL –forceupgrade

Additionally ensure that the account you use to attach the databases is a member of the db_owner fixed database role for the content databases that you upgraded.

Also you can try to open SharePoint 2010 Production configuration window, navigate to all windows by clicking Next and Finish.

I hope it will solve your problem.

Click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you.

Click "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you.

Tanya Melnichenko | Blog | Save as much as 60% in capital costs with PlexHosted!

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 7:50 AM
  • Dear Tanya,

Appreciate your prompt response...

I will get back to you once finished with your mentioned solution

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Tuesday, December 20, 2011 1:55 PM
  • Dear Tanya,

When I try to run your stsadm command (stsadm –o upgrade –inplace –url  central admin URL –forceupgrade), it throws the following message

stsadm -o upgrade command has been replaced by psconfig.exe -cmd upgrade

Now when I try to run the command as follows

psconfig -cmd upgrade –inplace –url  central admin URL –forceupgrade

It says command line error. What to do now ?

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:57 AM
  • Dear Tanya,

I found the correct command as follows

psconfig -cmd upgrade -inplace v2v -passphrase passphrase_1

But when I run the above command, following error message appears

Failed to create the SharePoint Timer service job to upgrade SharePoint Products

An exception of type Microsoft.SharePoint.Administration.SPUpdatedConcurrencyException was thrown.  Additional exception information: An update conflict has occurred, and you must re-try this action. The object SPUpgradeSession Name=Upgrade-20111220-210316-536 was updated by Litware\portal.admin, in the PSCONFIG (2868) process, on machine SP2010-WEB.  View the tracing log for more information about the conflict.

Muhammad Tariq khan

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:08 AM
  • Dear Muhammad,

Try to clear the Windows SharePoint Services configuration cache.

I hope it helpful to you.

Tanya Melnichenko | Blog | Save as much as 60% in capital costs with PlexHosted!

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 6:21 AM
  • Dear Tanya,

After clearing configuration cache, still same error message is appearing. I think I have to remigrate the sharepoint 2007 databases. As In my scenario I am migrating SharePoint 2007 (32-Bit) to SharePoint 2010

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:32 AM
  • Dear Muhammad,

I think it is a temp issue.

Do you clear the file system cache on all servers in the server farm on which the Windows SharePoint Services Timer is running?

To do this correctly please following next links:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939308

How to clear the Windows SharePoint 2010 Services configuration cache

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:51 AM
  • Dear Tanya,

I have clear the cache on all servers on which Windows SharePoint Services Timer is running... But getting same error...

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 7:57 AM
  • Dear Muhammad,

Please see this link http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010setup/thread/fd0173c8-0a6c-4174-8ce3-02a09e8a988a/

I hope you find some way to resolve your issue. Unfortunately I have no idea how to fix your problem :( 

Wednesday, December 21, 2011 8:54 AM
  • Dear Thaya,

Thanks for your help and support...

Actually in my case I have migrated my sharepoint 2007 using database approach to SharePoint 2010 on new 64bit hardware. I think I have retry some other workaround...

Muhammad Tariq khan
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 9:28 AM
  • Hi,

1. Install SharePoint 2010 RTM without SP1.
    2. If PSConfig wizard failed after installing SharePoint 2010 with error GUID ED21638F-97FF-4A65-AD9B-6889B93065E2, you can add it at HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0\WSS\InstalledProducts
    3. If PSConfig wizard failed with error message "Failed to register SharePoint services", you can remove entry "KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\Web Server Extensions\14.0\WSS\Services\Microsoft.Office.Server.Administration.DiagnosticsService".
    4. After PSConfig wizard completed successfully, if SharePoint Central Admin site have mixed look and feel of SharePoint 2007 and 2010, please install SharePoint 2010 SP1 and running PSConfig wizard.
    5. Content database WSS_Content was upgraded to SharePoint 2010.

Regards,

Seven

Tuesday, December 27, 2011 7:50 AM