none
filter list view with primary and alternate user account

Question

• Hello,

User ABC has two accounts - primary: domain1\ABC , alternate account: domain2\ABC

I need to filter the view of the list based on current user and for which I am using [Me] but the problem is it doesn't work with alternate account.

I know that sharepoint treate those two accoutn as separte but what is the solution to this? What is the best way to implement somthing so that I can list the filter based on all the account user got in any domian?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:09 PM

Answers

• Hello PureLife,

If you are using SID migration then technically both the old and new accounts would be preserved and the user should be able to use both the old and new accounts.
    Use a stsadm migrate command to migrate his account and then the new account would be in use.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shruti

• Marked as answer by Shruti-MSFT Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:09 PM

All replies

• Hi PureLife,

I am trying to involve someone familiar with this topic to further look at this issue. There might be some time delay. Appreciate your patience.

Thanks

Daniel Yang

TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 10:02 AM
  • Since they are two distinct accounts, I see no method for SharePoint to know they go together without you creating some type of database that matches accounts. My question would be why not simplify the environment so users only need to have one account? You can use trusts, you could setup some type of SSO. Instead of trying to make SharePoint bend in a manner that it really shouldn't need to, you can look at this problem from the other side.

Imagine what we could be...if we could just imagine. | Daniel A. Galant | Sr. SharePoint Solutions Architect EPC Group.net

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 1:58 PM
  • Thanks for reply.

We are currently in process of migrating all AD in one but that would take few years because of the size and complexity.

Meanwhile, I am trying to develop this solution so that whoever is migrated to new AD they can use their sharepoint with the old and new account without any issue.

And I dont mind using SharePoint Designer or jQuery or whatever other solution is available excpet server side deployment. Please let me know if you could thing of any such thing to achive this. Thanks.

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 3:41 PM
  • Since you are migrating accounts, I wonder if there is a way to somehow read the SID history data for the user account and apply that as well. I'm not a developer so have no real suggestion as to how this might be done, but someone else may be able to point you in that direction.

Imagine what we could be...if we could just imagine. | Daniel A. Galant | Sr. SharePoint Solutions Architect EPC Group.net

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:00 PM
  • Hello PureLife,

If you are using SID migration then technically both the old and new accounts would be preserved and the user should be able to use both the old and new accounts.
    Use a stsadm migrate command to migrate his account and then the new account would be in use.

Thanks!

Regards,

Shruti

• Marked as answer by Shruti-MSFT Thursday, March 29, 2012 8:25 PM
    Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:09 PM