none
Certification problem

Question

• Dears,

I have a problem in opening the "Central administration->Manage Service application -> Fast Query -> Fast Search administration -> managed property" link in the Microsoft Fast virtual machine it generates the error "Unexpected error occurred while communicating with administration service" it seems a problem of it certification with SharePoint, i tried to run the command

.\SecureFASTSearchConnector.ps1 -certPath "path of the certificate\certificatename.pfx" -ssaName "name of your content SSA" -username "domain\username" but it generates this error "Could not secure SSA. Script can be rerun to only configure SSA when reason for error is detected. New-SPEnterpriseSearchExtendedConnectorProperty : Operation is not supported for Search Application of type Regular" 

any one can help me please?

thanks

Monday, December 31, 2012 8:49 AM

Answers

• Hi Ihab, 

this forum is for Sharepoint 2013 questions, please consider moving your question to FAST search forum (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fastsharepoint/threads).

Anyway, according to the error, are you sure that search app that your reference by -ssaName is created as "FAST Search Content" type, not regular search service app?

• Marked as answer by Ihab Ramadan Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:36 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 5:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Ihab, 

this forum is for Sharepoint 2013 questions, please consider moving your question to FAST search forum (http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/fastsharepoint/threads).

Anyway, according to the error, are you sure that search app that your reference by -ssaName is created as "FAST Search Content" type, not regular search service app?

• Marked as answer by Ihab Ramadan Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:36 PM
    Monday, December 31, 2012 5:39 PM
  • Thanks Alexey for your reply

I forwarded the question to the Fast forum 

thanks

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 12:35 PM